Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Shon-Rivers
Level 5

Blank Title

Thumbtack mentions the thing called ghosting and other reasons for not hearing back from customers. I got in contact with a customer “ who says she is confused. Thumbtack sent her a message stating that I was not available and offered a list of other pros”. This was after I was promoted for the project, communicated with customer and set an appointment. Several days later, thumbtack sends a message, saying I was not available and offered a list of other pros. I curious if anyone else has a similar story. Something does seem strange with the inconsistency of the app. One week, it’s lead after lead and the next it’s one lead in three days. I’m going back to check with past customer to see if they also received similar messages. Like a lot of you out there, I’m spent way too much money to have someone disrupting my business. Thanks

Occupations (1)
9 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Blank Title

@Shon-Rivers if you've been in contact with a customer and didn't decline the contact from them they should not have received that notification. If you can send me a direct message including the customer's name we can take a closer look at this issue to see what may have caused this. 

0 Kudos
Shon-Rivers
Level 5

Anita. This is part of the message. You can read our correspondence nd see where she says she is confused because I’m not available.

Good News: We found 5 pros interested in your fan installation project.

If you still need a fan installer, these pros look like great fits and are pretty excited about your job. They each sent quotes. A quote normally includes prices, additional details or even examples, but each pro does it in their own special way.

5 new quotes from available pros

5 stars (2) thumbsup CONFIRMED AVAILABLE
Avatar Energy-X Electric • $55/h
4.8 stars (131) thumbsup CONFIRMED AVAILABLE
New on Thumbtack thumbsup CONFIRMED AVAILABLE
4.9 stars (15) thumbsup CONFIRMED AVAILABLE
4.9 stars (64) thumbsup CONFIRMED AVAILABLE

See all pros

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Shon-Rivers I looked into this and it looks like there wasn't a notification sent stating that you weren't available. What we did do was suggest other pros who were also available for her to reach out to. If Anita has any other concerns or questions, I recommend that she reaches out to our support team so we can give further clarification.

0 Kudos
Shon-Rivers
Level 5

So let me get this straight...after I paid for the lead, communicate and set an appointment with customer, Thumbtack offers up other competitors to go behind my back, under cut my pricing to steal the customer I paid for? Sounds great!!!
Instead of me paying over $200 a week, just put me on the cut throat list and I can save a future!
Thumbtack already takes advantage of the electrical tradesman. Charging the same for a $145 electrical repair job as a $5000 deck job. With a 50% profit margin, it’s not hard to figure the injustice.
It only has to do with the fact more customers need electrical work than any other trade. So Thumbtack charges a premium to electricians to max profit.
Now after we paid the premium you request, Thumbtack immediately markets the customer again
Moderator Kameron

@Shon-Rivers Once a customer reaches out to a pro we want to make sure they’re taken care of, so that job will be sent to the Jobs tab for other pros to express interest in if they feel that they could also be a great fit. Again this is in case the pro doesn’t respond, isn’t available, or to simply give a few other options if the customer wants to see what else is available.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Kameron Oh wow.. this is really very dissapointing.

I don't expect lead exclusivity, but let me see if I have this correct. After a lead picks a few pros by sending the "when are you available" or "what's your price" message, to those leads, they get more suggestions from TT of other pros??? I have to believe this has A LOT to do with why we never hear from them.. they have chosen a few pros to investigate, and then all of a sudden the system throws more at them... I have to admit, I'd give up at that point with the belief that I chose bad pros and the system is encouraging me to do something different.

Honestly, the only value here is TT increases the number of targets it can get revenue from by throwing more suggested pros at the lead... that is enormously confusing if that is what is happening.

Shon-Rivers
Level 5

I don’t except exclusive leads either...but after I pay for a lead, beat my competitors out, secure the customers and set appointments. The last thing I would ever think is Thumbtack reconnecting with customer with more competitors and pricing.
I was lucky enough to have a loyal customer who brought this to my attention. It’s the only way I found out.
I have been wondering why I would not hear back from customer. Even after we would communicate with each other than it would abruptly stop.
I have to believe this is what is causing all the problems.
The Thumbtack “promoted” program, quick responds, just means you are the first to pay.
0 Kudos
Aic2020
Level 5

Re: Blank Title "you scratch my back & I'll scratch yours.

Wow!! I agree, I have had customers request more info and I get charged and I try to set an appointment, but know I understand why I never hear back from them. I feel After I pay for a lead and get charged they should be taken off of the market unless they personally initiate more scouting for another pro, but Taking my money then throwing more pro's into the mix, its not only deceiving but pretty shady. I'm really disappointed and feel pretty gullible right now about this overall process.
Sherry A. Robbins
Owner/Operator
0 Kudos
Shon-Rivers
Level 5

This has nothing to do with customer satisfaction...that’s the purpose of the rating and reviews system-to keep contractors in check.
You mentioned this is only in case of “pro does not respond”, “is not available” and “to give the customer other options”.
You have listed 3 examples which implies that there is an example where you do not remarket the customer.
Please give at least one of those examples.
After the pro competition against competitors, pays and wins customer, sets appointment. Thumbtack remarkets the customer, than creates confusion for the customer. For only one reason-PROFIT. This has absolutely nothing to do with customer satisfaction. In fact, it causes problems for the customer.