Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
Highlighted
realjrob24
Level 5

Changes to TT

Solved! Jump to solution

I have used the site for about 4 years but the new changes have only been hurting me. Anybody excited about the direction TT is going?

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Thumbtack Writer ChefPaulStaley
Thumbtack Writer

Re: Changes to TT

Solved! Jump to solution

I have noticed that the increases are significant as well, but it has started levelling off for me and now I am spending almost the same. I have been with Thumbtack for about 9 years now and have seen the company make some fairly significant changes over that time. One consistent though is that their customer service is and always has been phenomenal and they will work with you to resolve any issues. They want you to succeed, or else their entire business model fails. They will do whatever they can to help you succeed, even putting you in contact with someone inside Thumbtack who can go over your profile, go through past bids, etc. and help you find new customers and new ways to attract those customers.

I am personally excited for these new changes, albeit a bit nervous! I think that a lot of these changes will equate to more user-options and a better chance to have yourself and your business seen by the right customers. That's what I hope for anyway... Thumbtack is a tool and all you will need to do is figure out how to best use the new version of this tool.  Good luck!

Tom
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi realjrob24, have you weighed out what you spent on TT realitive to what you have made on leads from TT? And have any of the TT leads opened the door to more work that was not directly from TT?

I have been in business for almost 20 years now and I remeber the days of only having an option of using direct mailers, local papers and posting a actual piece of paper on a actual cork board with an actual thumbtack. Direct mailing is expensive, ineffective and there is no way to track how effective it was. I do understand that the prices for TT have risen but please keep it in perspective. TT is so cheap compared to traditional marketing it is crazy and you can track all the leads that you get plust getting analytics on your competition. If you are not seeing the returns that you like then check out what your competion is doing on TT. Maybe it is time to update your profile or prices. I have been on TT for about 5 years and at the 3-4 year mark I realized that my profile looked dated compared to what my competion was doing so i updated and improved it.  I recently stopped offering a discount for first time clients and raised my prices just to see what would happen and it actually helped get more clients through TT. Just my too sense. 

Cheers,

Tom

133 responses
RuffHDT
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
What changes are you referring to specifically? In my opinion, the price increases are due to us not being charged to just send a quote. Still, the amount that we do get charged versus the amount of income we could potentially make is pennies. I haven't advertised in many places, but thumbtack has been the best bang for my buck. I'd love to hear your thoughts on why you want to leave. The great thing about this company, they listen! If you have a concern, feel free to share. I await your response.
Bobsmom
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
You are right. They did listen but now they have gone crazy with charges per quote. That may still work in some professions but not mine.
DrJay
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I hear you, these price changes are hurting my income.  It does not work for my industry.  TT needs to wake up to this.

Hearthworks
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
From DrJay’s profile “I am not here for the money”.

I see self-contradiction.
Erina
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am now being charged literally quadrapule the price to quote that I was before, and worst of all, I am being forced to pay for a so called response like "ok". In my line of business (online ESL classes), I get an extraordinary number of the "just curious" and window shoppers so yes, I am very seriously considering finding another way to acquire leads because this price increase is simply not cost effective for me. 

DrJay
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I just quoted a job and found out after they contacted me what the price was to quote.  This is not doing business properly.  I think I am moving to another platform, I don't like bidding a job without knowing how much the quote is going to cost me.

Eray
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

What platform would you consider going to?  I am a lawyer and do not advertise anywhere but Thumbtack. Otherwise I rely on referrals and do quite well this way since I have been in business for almost 30 years and have a lot of satisfied prior clients.  I still get some from Thumbtack but it is not working as well as it used to and I don't like the direct quotes without my input first.   We are trying to find as many online avenues we can and I am interested in what else is out there.   

Thumbtack Writer ChefPaulStaley
Thumbtack Writer

Solved! Jump to solution

I have noticed that the increases are significant as well, but it has started levelling off for me and now I am spending almost the same. I have been with Thumbtack for about 9 years now and have seen the company make some fairly significant changes over that time. One consistent though is that their customer service is and always has been phenomenal and they will work with you to resolve any issues. They want you to succeed, or else their entire business model fails. They will do whatever they can to help you succeed, even putting you in contact with someone inside Thumbtack who can go over your profile, go through past bids, etc. and help you find new customers and new ways to attract those customers.

I am personally excited for these new changes, albeit a bit nervous! I think that a lot of these changes will equate to more user-options and a better chance to have yourself and your business seen by the right customers. That's what I hope for anyway... Thumbtack is a tool and all you will need to do is figure out how to best use the new version of this tool.  Good luck!

JimInDallas
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I completely agree that their customer service has been nothing but the best.  I've gotten issues resolved in minutes.  I would like them to use more feedback from Pros that have been using the platform for years or at least a heads-up that something will be changing.  It's tough when I get used to one UI/UX only to log in the next day and see something else.