results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
Digitalwhims
Level 6

Check Availability... A Possible Solution!

I think there is a possible solution to the difficulty that we are all having regarding the menu item "Check Availabilty"  option. This could be changed to "Contact Profession al" or "Contact Vendor"  I feel that the ghost  problem would disappear. When you asked the customer to check availability, you're simply giving him a way of fishing without contacting the potential professional. This is wrong! I'm wondering how many  professionals feel the same way?

I expressed my concerns to both cofounders via email, and of course, I got no reply, no follow-up, or no go to hell note. I think it's time for we professionals, in the absence of any activity by the forum moderators, that we should contact both cofounders via email and let them know of our discontent.

I think we all have benefited from thumbtack in the past. Recent changes have caused us undue concern, causing some of us to leave the company even when we don't want to. I think that appropriate responses from both cofounders would go a long way to alleviating our concerns . For me, personally,  thumbtack is treated me fairly and with great support. But, as I read through the comments on the forum, I can see that many professionals are very upset! Why can't we enlist the cofounders of the moderators to at least answer our questions.

Denny Weigand 925-336-7994

States
36 responses
MR
Level 10

Re: Check Availability... A Possible Solution!

@Digitalwhims Excellent post.

Digitalwhims
Level 6

I just finished chatting with Lawrence who suggested a phenomenal solution to make the promote system work better and more efficiently for us as professionals. Very interesting!

0 Kudos

@Lar spent a good hour of his time assisting me, as well!  His ability to identify the current issues with the system, articulate them, then offer up some solutions is greatly appreciated by this TopPro!!   Thank you again, Laurence, for your ideas and generosity!!!

RCPS
Level 7

Using Promote

I just want to thanks @Lar for giving me game-changing tips on how to effectively use Promote for my business.  Thank you!!

Moderator Kameron

Re: Using Promote

@RCPS @Digitalwhims @InspireCanine this is so great to hear! Would any of you or @Lar be willing to share what tips or advice that he was able to give you in regards to promoting your services? I'm sure there are plenty of other pros reading here who would love to hear tips from fellow pros.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

Re: Using Promote

@RCPS 

@Laris very helpful!!! He's helped me a couple of times and I really appreciate all of his advice and insights on helping me be successful using Promote!! Thank you @Lar !!

Moderator Kameron

@Digitalwhims thanks for sharing this idea around changing the "Check availability" button. Since there's already a button to message/contact pros available, do you have any other alternative input as to how you'd like to see the "Check Availability" work? I'd be happy to document and pass on any additional suggestions on this that you may have.

If you have feedback or questions about your account the best way to handle that would be through our various support channels and here in the Community. As with any other large company, CEO's and co-founders can be very busy throughout their day and likely won't have time to read and reply to the various number of emails that are sent to them. Of course, to keep in touch they'll jump in on calls, emails, and Community Q&As here and there when they can. In fact, I'd be sure to check out our recent Community Q&A thread ​​​​​ and Q&A video with Marco from just last month.  

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@Kameron. For me I'd like to see check availability removed as it is not a useful button for my area of work
0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@Kameron
Could we add functionality that let's the pros choose which buttons are displayed so the pro can customize the user experience a bit ?