Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Check Availability... A Possible Solution!

Thanks for chiming in and sharing your thoughts @MR. What kind of buttons would you find useful for your area of work? 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@Meckell For me, "Click Here to Connect with Me" (or something like that is best).

It would be best to have the lead send me a note with a little bit of info on their matter (or I will ask them a few questions after they hit the button), if it is something I will work on, I can work with them to set up a phone consultation. If, as happens fairly often, it is a case outside of my area, I can tell them that I am not taking cases of their issue at this time, but can at least leave a nice message if they need any help in the future I may be happy to help.

Lar
Level 9

I brought this up recently in this thread because I believe the 'Check Availability' button is the main culprit when it comes to the creation of 'ghost leads'.

Regards,
Laurence.

Moderator Meckell

@MR great suggestion. Thanks for expanding on this!

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

I never understood why that particular conversation starter is there anyway. If we are able to block off dates that we aren't available, then why can't the calendar blocking coincide with customers who are looking for a Pro on their date?  Is this a software issue that needs retooling? If calendar can coincide with customer date, this will eliminate that useless conversation starter.

I also like the suggestion that @MR just made, why not allow the "Pros to choose which buttons are displayed so the Pro can customize the user experience a bit." After all, each category is different, so Pros should be able to choose which buttons to select for customers.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie thanks for sharing your thoughts here. It's not a software issue, but our teams are actually currently working on ways to make scheduling more structured and inline with what the customer and pro may expect when the customer clicks on that button. 

0 Kudos
Digitalwhims
Level 6

I think the Check Availability Button should be removed as it is not functional, is misleading to the pros and the customers, and is frankly stupid! I have said this several times with no active response or explanation from the moderators or from "the team". I ask, why do we, as pros, beat our heads against the wall when no changes are forthcoming. I am frustrated because I KNOW Thumbtack is better than this.  As an attempt to reach out I posted the idea to contact the co-founders (admittedly against the Community rules), but without some action, plus or minus, are we supposed to get Thumbtack to listen?

Highlighted
Digitalwhims
Level 6

@Kameron  I was just trying to make the Check Availabilty Button go away or be changed. If you look at the customer view of my profile you will see that it is duplicated by a smaller button, and does the same thing. Additionally, the smaller button has an icon indicating a calendar (which should go to the pro's calendar to check his/her availability), which, when activated, does not. Why not fix this so that it does what is intended? The larger button does the same thing...why not change it to something meaningful...like Contact Professional.

My frustration is probably the same as yours...the inability to get action on your requests for change...My little problem is minor compared to yours, but still nothing has been done to change (at least not that we can see). I think that you share my frustration so I should not ragg on you.

Denny

Moderator Kameron

@Digitalwhims thanks for clarifying. I've made sure to share your sentiment and thoughts around the "Check Availability" option.

0 Kudos

???

Did we ever find out what the solution is?

This is a huge problem, and a ridiculous option for the client to have in contacting us.

I would love to know the workaround... especially if Thumbtack won't be making any changes soon.

I've paid for dozens of ghost leads resulting from this - and have literally asked them to change it over 20 times.