Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Check Availability... A Possible Solution!

@ScottArcangel all of this feedback has indeed been sent on to our teams. If you have any further suggestions to add, we're more than happy to pass those along! 

0 Kudos

What is needed is a call to action button. Anyone who has a website, facebook ad, google listing or otherwise online presence knows this. My cta button says
“Call Chef Mitch Now”. Anything less direct is just asking to be ghosted.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator taylor

@ChefOfAllSeason Thanks for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us and expounding on your feedback. I'll pass along your suggestions for a more specific and direct call to action button for customers to use when contacting pros. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

The only button should be: "Write a Job Request to get Pros to quote your project"

c8adce418e8b04f7c446e4f42353b75e.png

When a job poster views a Pro's profile and sees the three choices shown above, they are not ready to be selecting a Pro. They have just clicked on a question: "What's on your todo list?" But TT stopped short of gettiing them to think clearly about what they want to say to the Pros. The JP has put no forethough into their request yet. They have not written any job description. All they have is a list of profiles.  And now that they are faced with that list, the Pros are at a very high risk of being contacted and paying for that contact from an unprepaired Job Poster.

TT has just encouraged them to do one of only three things when they have not even written their job request yet.

Three buttons: "Message" ~~ "Check availability" ~~ "Request a Quote"

If they want a consutation, they should pay the pro to chat with them.

If they want to check a Pro's availablility, they should be sent to our schedule.

THEN, they should send out their request for a quote.

Why won't you help the job posters write the request? A complete request with all the nuances filled in so that the Pros can provide an accurate quote.

"Write the job request"

That is the only button you should present to the customers after you have the answer to the question: "What is on your todo List."

Once the job request is written, THEN they are a valid customer who is ready to contact a Pro.

The flow chart should be: "What is on your todo list?"  ==>  "let us help you write your request"  ==>  "Now choose who you will send your request to"

Stop asking when we are available. They do not even know the price yet.

Stop asking them to message a Pro. They don't even know what their job is yet.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: The only button should be: "Write a Job Request to get Pros to quote your project"

@HansenJC 

Excellent suggestion!!!

When Promoting, the "click" questions that we receive(availability, set up a call, etc) are nonsense. If Job Poster put a short message with what they are looking for, instead of putting it in their so called profile, we will see them as a valid potential customer, not someone who is browsing. The way it's set up now, ALL Pros get charged for the "click" questions when Promoting. That isn't fair. And if a job comes in the Jobs Tab, we can send quotes along with a message. But those jobs via Jobs Tab is a little more on the way we used to see jobs come in, along with Job Poster info and short message. Only problem is  Promote needs to do this as well.

DJ Stevie 5-19-2019

Moderator Kameron

Re: The only button should be: "Write a Job Request to get Pros to quote your project"

@HansenJC thanks for sharing your feedback with us around this topic. I'll be sure to share the suggestions that you've given here and the concerns you have around the current options customers have when reaching out to a pro. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

I don't believe the customer wants my availability

When I get a message like this: "Mary M wants to know your availability" I suspect that Thumbtack sent that message without Mary M's knowledge. Is there any proof that the Job Poster really selected me to send that message to me? Please show me the proof.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: I don't believe the customer wants my availability

@HansenJC 

Good question!!! Because if a "customer" asked for our availability, then if we reply, he/she should follow up before we even get charged! Then at least we would know if that "customer" is serious in at least conversing with us. Otherwise, it's just a click-happy "customer"

DJ Stevie 5-24-2019

HansenJC
Level 10

Oh, TT has it programmed to charge me the moment I "accept the lead" but it is not untill I have paid for the lead that I I may THEN send my avaialbility.

Well, I accepted the lead, but it was not discounted 20% in spite of the fact that I am using Promote. Then I sent my availability. Crickets! Not even a "Thank you for spending all that money to send me your avaialbility."

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC in order for you to receive that contact and prompt the customer would have had to click on your profile from the search list, and then when viewing your profile click the "Check Availability" button. Next, the customer will answer a few questions about their project, and from there we let the customer know that their project has been shared with that pro and that they should hopefully receive a reply from them soon.

0 Kudos