results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: I don't believe the customer wants my availability

@Kameron  I know this is a repeat of my prior suggestion, but we deserve at least one sentence from the Job Poster so that we know their brain is engaged, and not just their thumb.

And why was I charged full price on this? I am using Promote.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC I'd have to see the details of the project in order to see what exactly happened. Feel free to send me a direct message including the customer's name and I'd be happy to check it out.

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@Kameron  "Exactly what happened" was I got charges full price. What more would you want to know. In all the promotional material about using Promote, there is no mention that there are any loophole which would make the Pro, any Pro be charged Full Price. None. If there are loopholes, show us where TT has published that loophole. This is not about "what exactly happened." This is about the policy that make it possible to ever charge me full price when I am using promote.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC It's always helpful to have the customers name on the contact and all the other information associated with it so that no assumptions are made. Is the contact your referring to for a Theresa? If so then it appears that you've already contacted support about the situation and that they were able to explain things to you there. To reiterate, the contact was a partial match and not fully aligned with your preferences. When these come through at full price you'll have the option to accept or decline the lead. In our Help Center there's an article that may be helpful about when you pay HERE. Also, be sure to check out the more in-depth interactive course option at the bottom, and the course titled "Know what you pay for" specifically.

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Why not just make it simple. Like this. If we Promote, we are charge 20% less. Always. See how simple that is? And the side effect of using Promote is that we never get notified of the ones in out Job tab. We must kep the Job Tab open at all hours of the day and night to know when there are jobs that we were not "Chosen" for. You know... when the "Job Poster Picked You"?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos

@Kameron: Indeed you are correct that the customer views the profile. But only to the point of that prominently displayed button that says “what’s your availability?”. If they went further into the profile they would see the availability. This prompt appears, as we all know, at the upper part of the profile. When I see that prompt, it’s an automatic pass. If the customer can’t be bothered to invest 5 minutes to read a profile that customer has no potential as a good lead. It’s that simple. The same is true for “when can we chat?” There can be only one answer. No one in business would refuse a call. If they want to chat, they will ask my number. If they don’t call, then it is a refundable lead. Thumbtack monitors the initial emails and texts between us and the customer anyway. Any lead that appears vague or incomplete is outside my preferences. I only Target serious inquiries.
0 Kudos

"So what's a lead?"

Why would a potential customer send me a message asking my availability if they have already seen my profile? Should this NOT be an option for them? When I see that message, it seems obvious that consumer never bothered to look at my profile where my availability is clearly stated. That being the case, why then is this charged to us or even allowed?

Here is the text from Smiley Frustratedo what's a lead?"

A customer who reaches out to you for the first time. Customers have the option to:  

• Send you a message
  • Request a call
  • Request an estimate
  • Ask for your availability 

Please clarify this.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: "So what's a lead?"

@ChefOfAllSeason although a customer has seen your profile, often times they ask for your availability as a way to see which day you'd prefer to start working on their project. If you have multiple days and times available, they want to know which one works best for you. 

0 Kudos

@Meckell:

Why, then, would they not ask that? I mean, if they want to know which day works best, they would ask. Please clarify

0 Kudos

@Meckell:

The customer NEVER responds after I answer their message about availability. Ghost. NEVER responds to a follow up. Ghost. This one should not be an option. Why not remove the one click queries and set it so the potential customer has to actually say something in their own words?