Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
cranichik
Level 6

Clients not filling out "when the work should be done"

I think thumbtack should let clients know that if they do not fill this out, it is difficult to quote. How do I know if I am available or not when no date is specified?

Back in the good old days, I would still send a quote because it was cheap. Now I never do if there is no date specified, because I can't afford to!

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
3 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Clients not filling out "when the work should be done"

@cranichik you bring up a great point here. I could see this being a problem if the customer leaves that area blank and then actually had a date that they wanted to start with that doesn't fit your schedule. If that's the case and you're contacted for a day that you're unavailable be sure to let me or our support team know. It can be tricky however, because many times customers are open to the work being done whenever the pro can do it. I myself when creating a job will leave the date open at times because I want to find the best pro that fits my needs, and then I can be flexible with the availability they have. 

0 Kudos
cranichik
Level 6

@KameronThat doesn't work in my situation. I am a pet sitter. I need the client to state when they need a sitter. What if I am out of town myself? Or have other reasons I am not able to watch their pets? If I don't know when they need me, I can't quote. Back in the good old days, we were able to at least send a message asking for more info before quoting.

Moderator Kameron

@cranichik that definitely makes sense. I'll be sure to forward on the idea that those in pet sitting or categories that could have a similar scheduling, possibly do more to require a date from the customer in their quote.

0 Kudos