results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
cranichik
Level 8

Clients not filling out "when the work should be done"

I think thumbtack should let clients know that if they do not fill this out, it is difficult to quote. How do I know if I am available or not when no date is specified?

Back in the good old days, I would still send a quote because it was cheap. Now I never do if there is no date specified, because I can't afford to!

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
11 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Clients not filling out "when the work should be done"

@cranichik you bring up a great point here. I could see this being a problem if the customer leaves that area blank and then actually had a date that they wanted to start with that doesn't fit your schedule. If that's the case and you're contacted for a day that you're unavailable be sure to let me or our support team know. It can be tricky however, because many times customers are open to the work being done whenever the pro can do it. I myself when creating a job will leave the date open at times because I want to find the best pro that fits my needs, and then I can be flexible with the availability they have. 

0 Kudos
cranichik
Level 8

@KameronThat doesn't work in my situation. I am a pet sitter. I need the client to state when they need a sitter. What if I am out of town myself? Or have other reasons I am not able to watch their pets? If I don't know when they need me, I can't quote. Back in the good old days, we were able to at least send a message asking for more info before quoting.

Moderator Kameron

@cranichik that definitely makes sense. I'll be sure to forward on the idea that those in pet sitting or categories that could have a similar scheduling, possibly do more to require a date from the customer in their quote.

0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Cranichik, please let me ask you as I'm not getting any CS responses from TT. Are you a pet sitter in FL? I'm in the NW Chicago suburbs, so we're not in competition. I just want to know if you have been receiving any job offers since 12-18. SOMEBODY must be going on vacation. Thanx!

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@catmaven I'm sorry to hear that you haven't gotten a response to your support questions. I'm happy to help! Go ahead and send me a private message with more info on what's going on and I'll get you some answers. 

0 Kudos
cranichik
Level 8

@catmaven I rarely get a job request, and when I do, it is out of my travel distance. Setting a 5 mile radius doesn't seem to matter. Also, the information is too vague that the client fills out. I don't bother to reply because it costs too much, compared to how much I could make.

0 Kudos
LZDNVG
Level 7

Have you thought about putting this valuable information in your profile? For me, I make it a point to put it in my profile that the length of the work and my availability depends on the job and the next step is to setup a call (or what I call an initial assessment) to share information such as final pricing and availability. This makes it easy to work out when the job needs to be based on BOTH of our schedules.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

@LZDNVG My profile has all the info needed stated very clearly. Customers just don't fill out the questionaire that TT gives them. To me, they are either stupid or fake.

LZDNVG
Level 7

@cranichik If you're not getting all of the info you need from the questionnaire then hearing from leads is obviously your goal. If you're struggling with hearing back from leads, it's definitely worth taking a look at your profile and profile picture and seeing what you can do better to find the quality leads you're looking for. It takes some tweaking but it makes a huge difference and you'll see a huge ROI for your budget. Thumbtack has great resources 

All of my client's projects and needs are completely different and it would be impossible for Thumbtack to provide a questionnaire that would suit every client or the information I need. Also, it's not Thumbtack's job to vet every lead. Their business model is to create a simple platform for customers to find the pros they are looking for (and in my opinion as a Thumbtack customer myself, Thumbtack does that VERY well). To get the info I personally need from leads, I am contacting every lead until I get the information I need (typically once a week) and I hear back from most leads and my goal is ALWAYS to set up a call, so I have that in my profile. Are their some leads that are just pricing and not serious? Sure... but as business owners it's our job to convert leads into sales and market ourselves. When you think about the fact that Thumbtack has HUNDREDS of services listed on their site and they are creating the same customer experience for each industry that means that each business owner needs to work with the system they have. There is no lead generation company out there that will even PRETEND to guarantee all leads will be serious customers and frankly, that's NOT their job. It's our job to convert leads to sales and if you are struggling with conversion rates it's worth trying to improve how you are marketing your business. 

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Getting-started/Profile-Consultations/td-p/13905

0 Kudos