Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
Pat
Active Community Member

Declining a lead

My question is simple, why when I have declined a lead, does it keep popping back up?

I decline it, an hour or so later I get another notificatiob that I have a "customer" waiting, low and behold you have your little countdown clock running. When I decline it do you automatically think I wqas just fooling? What, maybe I have reconsidered?

Whats the thought process here. 

I decline all requests that are not in my defined area, that require I pay $75 to answer a question, That require I pay $75 to answer "whats your availability", and the ones that have requested a quote from an armload of other pro's. (The best I have seen so far was "*****" requested a quote from Pro A ---to M, and the ones that are not even in my state.

Occupations (1)
States
8 responses
RBandWinn
Community Newcomer

Re: Declining a lead

I agree that this needs to be addressed. I have fought with the APP about refunding me when I ask the client to post more information in order to assess if I want to give a quote.
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for starting this conversation @Pat. For further clarification, are these leads your declining in your Jobs tab or customers reaching out to you directly?

0 Kudos
Pat
Active Community Member

Supposedly reaching out directly, me a many others as a rule. Which rules me out.
I refuse to pay Thumbtack $75 for a window shopper. EVER
Pat
Active Community Member

I have a question and feel that I can not be the only one this is happening to.

I get a lead, and for whatever my reasons, I decline it. Sometimes I get this, are you sure, and have to decline it again. Then an hour or so later it pops back up as a "new lead", and I am forced to decline it a 3rd time, because TT issues their little threat about dropping me in the ratings. 

Next senerio:  I get an e-mail saying "Joe or Sally Smoe" wants to hire you, sounds great, but if you click, view competition, I am just one of several that they requested quotes from. And the reality is, nobody has responded. Very deceptive TT

My best yet was, Blank wants to hire you. Blank chose only you from a list. In Georgia!!!! Why in gods name would i be showing in a list in Gergia, I live in NH. I thought RI< MA< CT< NY < ME was bad enough to have to sort though, but Georgia?

Lastly, I have several "leads" that I declined that won't go away on my phone app.  Can't delete them, can't archive them.

Moderator Meckell

@Pat I'm happy to look into this for you! The leads that are re-appearing are they jobs going into your Jobs tab or are they customers reaching out to you directly in your inbox? If you have any examples to share, that would be super helpful! Also, how long ago did you receive that [blank] lead? I'm not seeing that in your inbox.

0 Kudos
Pat
Active Community Member

They are jobs that folks reached out directly. The first 4 in my phone app have declined several times, but don't show when I open TT on my computer. The GA one was coupleonths ago, and it when away when I declined it.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Pat I am not seeing anything under the New Leads section of your profile. It sounds like there might be something going on with your app. Let's have you start by going through these troubleshooting steps. If the issue is still there after doing so, please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing and our team will look into this further. 

0 Kudos
anslpnc
Community Regular

i can relate and when you pass or accidentally hit the wrong button it responds for you and there is no way to take it back.
0 Kudos