Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
HansenJC
Level 10

Did The pros Lose Insight Regarding Pricing?

Only a day or two ago I was able to see my pricing and compare it to my competitors. Now it is no longer there.

Has Thumbtack move this insight to a new location, or have they removed this insight completely?

Why No Price Info.pngWhere is the pricing insight?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
8 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Did The pros Lose Insight Regarding Pricing?

@HansenJC 

In my category, the pricing is in the sent quotes section. After you click on the customer you sent quote to, click on the 3 dots to the right of "Customer" name, click view competition. It will then only tell you who is the highest and lowest pricing Pros, not the prices given. If I recall correctly, this is where "customer viewed" button was as well.

DJ Stevie 6-26=2019

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mm
Level 7

The pricing info is now gone from my categories. I haven’t seen it in some time. Too bad, it was one of the most valuable data points. Why take it away?
HansenJC
Level 10

@DJStevie  The quote that I sent this morning is not in my "Sent Quotes" tab. It remains in my "In Box" and as seen in my screen capture there is still no pricing after 8+ hours. When I find other quotes that I have sent in recent days in my "Sent Quotes" tab, I see the pricing for those.

Is this a program glitch? Did the customer see the quote that I paid for? There seems to be no way for Pros to audit these transactions to verify that the quotes we send (and pay for) actually get to the customer. This quote that I sent in response to the famous conversation starter: "Customer wants to know your availability" never made it out of my inbox after 8+ hours. @Meckell

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC this used to be something that we would show to pros in their competition insights, however when we rolled out this newer system and search results, it went away. Using search results pros can now see their competitions actual listed prices in more detail than before when it was shown highest vs lowest. 

If you sent a customer a reply to the conversation starter they used to reach out to you then they would have received your response in their messages. If you'd like me to double check you can send me the customers name in a direct message. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

I sent a Quote but TT won't give me Insight when I sent it.

How long did this take.png

After sending a quote to a Request that I found on the Jobs Tab, I cannot see any insight that confirms 1) that I sent it, 2) That it was viewed by the Job Poster, and 3) how fast I sent it compared to the response time of the Pros who responded to being chosen by the Job Poster.

While I can see pricing insight, I cannot see any timing insight for me.

Again, as I have mentioned in another discussion, the insight is inconsistant. And I still have no idea if the Job Poster has viewed my quote. After all, I paid a premium price to quote this Request, I at least deserve equal insight to the Pros who are using Promote.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: I sent a Quote but TT won't give me Insight when I sent it.

My Reply Time.png

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC I'll make sure to share your feedback on this and point out that you'd like your sent quote insights to include how quickly you responded. Just remember though that sending quotes from the jobs tab is not something you pay for unless the customer chooses to respond. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@KameronPlease consider our time and effort when defining what we "Pay". Dollars are not the only cost to using Thumbtack. And the requests that end in a response are the easy ones. It is the requests that we never hear back on that are the ones that cost the most in time and effort.

We put significant time into analyzing which requests are productive. And with inaccurate or missing insight, that analysis is made next to impossible.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections