Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Garyh252
Level 4

Do you pros think there should be a limit on the amount of pros a customer is allowed to contact?

When I see a customer who contacts 10 pros I don't respond. I feel my chances for getting the bid is limited and the customer is price shopping. Why would I want to take a chance on paying for a bid when my chances are one in ten of getting bid. Do others feel this way? I think there should be a limit.
Occupations (1)
States
19 responses
cranichik
Level 8

Re: Do you pros think there should be a limit on the amount of pros a customer is allowed to contact

Yes, most of us feel this way. There used to a limit of 5 pros who a customer could contact. It was SO much better. I agree, I wouldn't bother with someone who contacted 10 pros, either.

Moderator taylor

Re: Do you pros think there should be a limit on the amount of pros a customer is allowed to contact

@Garyh252 Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the subject. The great thing about Thumbtack is that it's totally up to you to choose when you want to respond to a customer. You're in control. We understand where you're coming from and believe you should do what you believe is going to be in your best interests to see success.  I'll be sure to pass your suggestions along to our team so that we can take them into consideration for the future. Keep up the great work. 

jcp
Level 9

Sorry Taylor ~ we are limited in our controls on Thumbtack.  "It's totally up to you to choose when you want to respond to a customer" - is what you say here.  However, you are missing the point that on Promote we pay no matter what.  That is not "in control" of our money.  Of couse we can respond or not.  Of course we can pause the service temporarlity, and keep our preferfences current and accurate.  But Thumbtack is not taking control in filtering the right leads to us.  Narrowing customers searches so the leads we DO get on Promote are "exact" fits. 

As of today, 22 leads and 2 hires in 5 weeks.  Not to mention the cost on that.  That is awful for a Top Pro as myself.  Before these changes, when we responded only to the leads we wanted to and only 5 were allowed, my average was 1-3 or 1-4 I would book.  Highly successful.  Last month there was a customer who reached out to 28 Promoted Pros!  How is that acceptable?  Thumbtack also has the control to stop sending out requests to the jobs tabs when the customer already selected their promoted pros.  Massively pushing customers to contact others pros if their contact person didnt contact them in a matter of minutes. 

There are so many choices that Thumbtack can make to actually help us book jobs and avoid promoted pros from getting bad leads.  Obvious choices, choices that many Pros have been requesting for over a year!  Another example, why do I have to pay to say I am available?  Customer should NOT have this button as a option.  If we are on Promote, then we ARE available that day because they have been filtered to the Pro that has specifically said they were available that day.  So many of these are just "are you available".  Then I never hear back.  The customers only option - after all the filtering - is "I want to hire you".  Is that not the point of Promote?  Thumbtack is not taking control on ways that many of us are getting bad leads, ghosted leads, etc.  

YES - there should be a limit on the amount of pros a customer is allowed to contact.  BUT - there should also be a limit to the amount of pushing Thumbtack does to get the customer to contact other pros.  Thumbtack pushes hard on this.  To learn that just mear minutes after I pay $26+ on Promote and then respond to a request - someone who specifically reached out to ME - that Thumbtack is sending that same customer options and opprotunities and encouragement for them to contact other pros.  How is that helpful to me?  The push is for Thumbtack to get customers to click on more and more and more.  Clicks mean money.  

We just want the significant changes that we were told were coming back in March.  On March 21st Marco Zappacosta put out a statement saying .... "I acknowledge that we have a challenge where there are clients who come in and never respond, never engage back, which is incredibly frustrating, and there's the cost aspect which is certainly annoying but it's the pain of having done the work and sent the message and then not getting anything back and having that burden completely on you.  So we are working really hard right now to mitigate this problem, to avoid you having to waste your time and money on things you have no shot of winning.  That's not how we're trying to ake our fees; that's not what we think you should be investing your money in, so it's someting we are working very hard on".    

I've spent so much money without a return just since March!  Just in the last 5 weeks!  This IS how you are making your fees!  I am wasting my money.  I just ask that these changes that so many have been asking for start happening!  This was such an excellet platform.  And it still is for customers!  Why do you think that their are only 4% that make Top Pro?  

Also, to be asking this quesiton now Taylor?  Go look back on the community board and read it.  For the last year see how many pros have voiced their opinions on this very topic over and over and over agian.  To ask is truly heartbreaking.  It should be known by the team that is a huge issue.

Highlighted
DrRevJenine
Level 6

@jcp  I feel each customer/client should only be able to contact 2-3 pros to compare. After all our profile is right there. Also, I feel if they want us as a direct lead and do not hire us, we should be reimbursed our lead fee. Its rude to not reply after requesting us. 

Hankster
Level 10

@jcp Any of the moderators or anyone at TT should be able to find all of our suggestions & feedback on this robust feedback system I was recently told by  @DustiO that TT has. It's frustrating to say the least that the same issues many o fius at one point or another have brought up months & months ago or as you mentioned a year ago and here we are still at the same frustratin level.

Hankster 7/25/19

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

Hi @taylor

I havent posted for quite a while, but feel that it is important that I do here and send a little "constructive criticism." It is truly dissapointing to read your response that gives the reader the impression that this is a newly reported issue and one that we have not seen on the boards yet.  The optics generated by a statement like "I'll be sure to pass your suggestions along to our team so that we can take them into consideration for the future. " really make us feel like nobody is listening over at TT. This issue has been raised many many times - I am one of the people who raised it. So, this post is not about the feeling many have that nothing ever gets fixed - its really all about that we pros want to feel that we are being listened to - and responses like the one you left can make us leary.  Perhaps a more appropriate response could be "I will add this complaint to the currently open issue that we are tracking internally so that the developers are informed that this continues to be a matter of concern."

We have been told that you are keeping a log in some form or another of the issues raised here and in other forums. Please take a look at that tracking system and you will see that this issue goes back at least 6 months - maybe more. 

That's all I have to say - really just felt a bit sad when I read this response. We are all trying to help TT move the needle forward - we really want all to succeed.. but when a post is made by TT that makes us feel like we just took a huge step backwards, it is indeed concerning.

Hankster
Level 10

@MRI was told just this week by @DustiO that TT has a robust feedback system & every suggestion made in the forum is logged into & all relevant Thumbtack team members are able to easily see feedback. I had requested that there be a Suggestions board in the drop down menu choce 'Which board should this discussion be in? (required)'? See my post here https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/The-water-cooler/Suggestions-Board/m-p/27630#M6854%2Fjump-to%2Ffi.... My suggestion got shot down. Then I was told the reason why was because of the robust feedback system that's in place. You be the judge as to how robust it is if @taylor can't find the issue you brought up months ago. I know I've seen it.

Hankster 7/19/19

Moderator taylor

@MR  Thanks for pointing this out to us and for your constructive criticism. I'm sorry if my phrasing was misunderstood here. As @Hankster pointed out from @DustiO's recent post about our feedback system, we do keep a very robust feedback system in which we log all of the suggestions and feedback from both our pros and customers. We draw on this feedback to help us find ways to fix pain points and find ways to better the platform for the future. We've taken in a lot of your feedback about limiting the number of pros that can respond to a request and it is an issue our team is aware of. I want to assure you that your voices are being heard and the feedback you've given us in the past has not gone unnoticed or undocumented. We truly appreciate the time and effort you each individually take to help us better understand how we can help. Keep in mind not every piece of feedback will be implemented. If feedback is implemented it can take time. There are many processes, tests, and phases that we have to go through before we can launch these changes. We appreciate your patience along the way and understanding. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@taylor

I asked DustiO these questions last Monday about the robust feedback system that you folks at TT have. "When the suggestion is logged does this system that tracks our suggestions get tracked with a case number or some sort of numbering system? Or how exactly would one of my suggestions be found if I inquired about it at a later date"? I'm still waiting on an answer. Perhaps you might be able to find out from the team that manages the feedback system how these suggestions get tracked exactly. I would appreciate an answer back.

Thanks,

Hankster 7/22/19