Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
pgrether
Level 6

Does Promote Really Work?

Hello All!

I just wanted to let a lot of you know that Promotion WORKS! I have had to stop a couple of times because of having too many students and running out of scheduling places. So if you are in doubt just be patient! I have had to stop accepting students that I teach music to. It may easy to think well it is the service that I am providing. That is when the complaining begins. 52% of my customers come from Thumbtack and the other 48% do not. SO we need to resilient and resourceful! IT CAN BE DONE!

PG

States
4 responses
Moderator Meckell
Moderator

Re: Does Promote Really Work?

You're so awesome @pgrether! What are some tips you have for other pros who may be hesitant to set their preferences by promoting their business? 

pgrether
Level 6

Re: Does Promote Really Work?

In response to the question: Does Promote Really Work?

 

It can be called anything from Instant Match to Promote! The major thing is having a good profile. The profile should consist of current photos, videos (Which I actually don't have any videos conducting lessons. The resaon is it is against to record people without there permission), and more importantly: having reviews! In the old days companys used comment cards, reviews are just that. Another item that builds credibility is having a website. As I have stated, I had to put promote on pause. I have so many students that I cannot accept anymore. It can change at anytime. if and when it does I will begin using promote again. Some of my revenue comes from being an independent contractor for several schools. There are alternatives. So plain and simple: Don't depend on Thumbtack for everything, it's just an opportunity and a good one at that!

All the best to those who take the time to read of this!

pgrether
Level 6

Re: Does Promote Really Work?

It can be called anything from Instant Match to Promote! The major thing is having a good profile. The profile should consist of current photos, videos (Which I actually don't have any videos conducting lessons. The reason is, it is against to record people without their permission), and more importantly: having reviews! In the old days companys used comment cards, reviews are just that. Another item that builds credibility is having a website.

As I have stated, I had to put promote on pause. I have so many students that I cannot accept anymore. It can change at anytime. if and when it does I will begin using promote again. Some of my revenue comes from being an independent contractor for several schools. There are alternatives. So plain and simple: Don't depend on Thumbtack for everything, it's just an opportunity and a really good one at that!

All the best!

PG

DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Does Promote Really Work?

@pgrether 

@Meckellbeat me to the comment. But I'll ask anyway, what tips can you give us struggling Pros who use Promote? @pgrether I'm sure that you've seen all the threads about how Promote isn't working ,etc, so whatever tips that you can give us that we haven't tried yet, would be helpful. If you haven't seen those threads, perhaps take a look at them and give your insight to those Pros as well.

One other thing @pgrether, you mentioned that 52% of your customers come from Thumbtack, which means the other 48% come from outside sources. So, it's basically half on TT and half outside sources. For me, in 6+ weeks, I've had less than 17% come from TT and that is using Promote. And my other 83% is from outside sources. Perhaps it's my job category on TT?

0 Kudos