Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
edbar1952
Community Regular

Drywall installation

Solved! Jump to solution

I think you're making a mistake asking for a Contractor's License for simple easy jobs like drywall patchwork or small drywall jobs, like just a few pieces of drywall (less than a small room). Drywall is one of the easiest jobs any handyman or painter or carpenter can do. I have done drywall all my life. I got my Contractor's License in 1989, but when things started to go slow for me, I couldn't pay the renovating fee, plus worker's compensation and insurance. But the experience I have would not disappear just by not having an active license. I've done many homes in expensive areas (I did Gene Simmons residence in Beverly Hills) So, my opinion is that a license should not be required for a small drywall job. Most homeowners can easily see if the job is being done right. Thanks.

Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

Re: Drywall installation

Solved! Jump to solution

@edbar1952 While a license may not be required by the state you live in to do those types of drywall jobs, it is something that we at Thumbtack decided would be the threshold required for those jobs. However, you do make some valid points and license requirements are something that we only recently began to work on. Any feedback you have on this directly is definitely appreciated HERE as we continue to determine where and where not a license should be required.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Drywall installation

Solved! Jump to solution

@edbar1952 While a license may not be required by the state you live in to do those types of drywall jobs, it is something that we at Thumbtack decided would be the threshold required for those jobs. However, you do make some valid points and license requirements are something that we only recently began to work on. Any feedback you have on this directly is definitely appreciated HERE as we continue to determine where and where not a license should be required.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos