Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
Highlighted
Bmaring1
Level 5

Re: False leads

I joined thumbtack in 2012 and it took awhile for it to take off but when it did, I was landing jobs left and right in a very competitive market. I didn’t mind paying $3-$5 a lead because all of the leads were real and I made a good chunk of change using the service. I never spent more than $200.00 a YEAR on leads. Now I’m receiving, what I believe, are false leads under the new system and paying $40-$65 per lead in a less saturated market (I moved to a new state). I bet I spent upwards of $1000 on leads and maybe have been hired 10 times in 2018. I still have the same rating (43 5 star). I just don’t know how much longer I can use this service and stay competitive. In the past 2 days I’ve had 2 “leads” wanting to schedule a call. I responded “call me anytime” and I’ve heard nothing from either. I also sent follow up messages asking if they wanted on-site quotes, no response. I loved using thumbtack when it was pro friendly,

Angela
Level 6

@Meckell Moderator- yes it's true we can now (finally) see how much Thumbtack is charging by clicking on the details button, however, we don't know when were actually charged unless we take the time to go into our profile, and look up what we were charged. There is no notification from thumbtack otherwise. I think what you're missing here is something that Pros are saying loud and clear, and that is that we're tired of being overcharged, were tired of the fact that now Thumbtack allows up to 15 Pros to send quotes, we're tired of being charged for leads that are not viable leads instead there people that are just looking, and we want to get hired! If a customer is sent up to 15 quotes, what gives Thumbtack the right to charge us so much to send that quote and for the pro to have any hope that they're actually going to get hired? It's simple you're not giving a good value for the money anymore. We want to give you money for a good product. So give us a good product! Go back to easy transparency so that we're not looking for all the answers so hard, and go back to only allowing 5 pros to send quotes and not have automatic quotes sent by Pros, and charge a reasonable price per quote.
Angela
Level 6

@Meckell - sorry for the typos!
0 Kudos
Angela
Level 6

@Meckell- what is this whole 'level' system I'm seeing here next to people's names? How silly! You're actually qualifying people on a level basis - really? Just allow us to post! And btw, something isn't right with the system, because when I went in to try to edit my profile for this forum, there was not a way to do that. There was no way to click on anything to change anything. There must be a glitch in your system.
Moderator Meckell

@Angela thanks for letting me know! What were you trying to edit and weren't able to? Go ahead and send me a private message and I'll look into this for you. 

0 Kudos
wandafully
Level 5

Thumbtack will listen when we ALL stop paying for leads or to “appear” in search . Then and only then will they listen and CHANGE this system . I Refuse to continue to pay when it is clear we have been snatched of our money and the leads without a doubt do not work . Thumbtack needs to make this right ! I will not continue to pay over 500$ a month to get ZERO JOBS . Zero Legitimate leads . Zero misinformation to clients so they DO NOT contact with bs . And THUMBTACK NEEDS TO STOP CHARGING for these fake leads . Leads sent to many pros and charged to many only because it “matches” . Stop it . I can’t even see jobs anymore
Zekewolf
Level 5

Agree with you!
SteelPort
Level 5

These situations happened to me all the time.  I receive leads and I act on them only to find out that after a few pieces of information and contact with this "client", they never return my phone calls, emails, or messages on thumbtack.  But I sure do get billed for them reaching out to me.

I am also reminded by Thumbtack support that my "engagement with these clients could be better when asking for information".  At which point does my engagement just become a nuisance to the customer.  I have no problem chasing down leads, that is required with our businesses.  My issue is I feel like I am "beating a dead horse" hoping for some kind of life.

There has to be a better way to filter customers as well as set their expectation when it comes to what services cost as opposed what they would rather pay.  My margins have been cut down nearly 30% because clients show a budget of under $500 for 8-12 hours of work.

This is certainly an issue that needs some think tank attention and maybe direct collaboration with Pro's.

JSGDS
Level 6

Take the good with the bad, this month you were 0/12 next month you could very well be 6/12 and get 1-2 referals from that; honestly take a look at your profile, templates, and be on top of your response times.  We like it when a person responds to us; we love it when we can get a phone # or have a customer call us and if you get in the door you should have the job.  Ultimately thumbtack is marketing and its up to you to make the sale.  Ive tried numerous marketing campaigns on most platforms  and thumbtack works great for us.  Hope it turns around for you.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for your insight @JSGDS! I'm happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us and that you're getting connected with new customers.