The vast majority of Pros on this board are reporting that they have experienced a dramatic and alarming reduction in the number of leads that they are receiving from Thumbtack since you implemented the new Search/Promote feature.
@Kameron, @Meckell, could one of you please forward the following questions to the appropriate person (or persons) in Thumbtack who is in a position to provide an informed answer. I believe it would be enormously beneficial to all the Pros here for that person to provide us with some substantive answers so that we know what's going on.
1. Is the reduction in leads reported by Pros on this board something you have seen in your own lead generation statistics?
2. Do Thumbtack know the reason for the reduction in leads that Pros here have reported?
3. Do Thumbtack acknowledge that this is a serious problem for Pros here?
4. Do Thumbtack think that this is a problem that Thumbtack should be working on right now to resolve?
5. If so, what are Thumbtack doing (or considering) to resolve the problem?
I think that these are questions that need to be answered. I will also add, that, if for some unlikely reason, a response from TT is unavailable, I would ask that TT explain a) why they can't answer and b) what they will do to get enough information to answer the question. Also, please provide a timeframe as to when a solution of substantive value will be implemented.
TT's decision to not address these questions, or thinking it is acceptable for moderators to address these issus with basically scripted responses, is actually answering the questions - but perhaps not in the way that they hope we believe.
Do Thumbtack have a policy or goal of reasonably helping and assisting its Pros (when possible) in their endeavors to sell their services to the leads they purchase from Thumbtack? If so could you elaborate please.
1. Since the new updates, we've seen a healthier marketplace overall and that the new system is working better for a higher number of pros. Keep in mind that we see a larger number of pros expressing frustrations here in the Community, which is normal for a forum like this. However, we hear from many pros seeing success at our pro events that they have read through things here from time to time and after reading felt uncomfortable posting and expressing things that would be an unpopular opinion or experience.
2-4. That said, we know the system isn’t perfect yet, and there are pros letting us know. As that happens we've been forwarding pro feedback and their experiences in order to make it better. Remember that improving Thumbtack takes time. So we ask for your patience as we work through your feedback and make improvements.
5. There are many things that our teams are working on to resolve a lot of the pain points that the pros are reporting. Keep an eye out as we continue those monthly update posts.
@Kameron Thank you for responding.
Perhaps there are some areas that are just not good fits for Thumbtack? For example, mine, as legal services may be one of them.
Perhaps for the areas of work that represent the most vocal complaints, can you give us some insight into the volumes of potential customers that visit the site and make an actual request for a pro?
If I am chasing something (at least for my area of work) that simply doesnt exists, I would appreciate you letting me know so I can stop wasting time and move on.
Not to be sarcastic or start an argument, but is there a statistic that you can share with us Pros to show how many Pros love this new system and the way it works? But on the flip side, you just said that you see a higher number of Pros in the Community that are frustrated. Is it safe to say that more Pros are disliking this new system? And I know that it takes time to implement any changes for improvement, but not to repeat myself, many ideas and suggestions were given more than 4 months ago, and we see nothing. Will we see or hear from someone higher up as to when any expected improvements will be implemented?
@DJStevie I know you've asked and mentioned some of these questions before, but just to refresh. I don't have any statistics that I can share about this. However, if things were truly as broken as you seem to believe for most pros, I can assure you the new system would not have continued in the way it has been. All I meant is simply that those who are experiencing some pains with the new updates are more likely to come post about them in the Community. Is there a specific suggestion or piece of feedback from 4 months ago are you're referring to? I could look into it and see if there's a status on that feedback, but can't make any promises. Let me know and I can get back to you in a direct message with what I find.
You just said in your reply to @Lar "Keep in mind that we see a larger number of pros expressing frustrations here in the Community, which is normal for a forum like this." With that said, do you feel those Pros feel the system isn't broken? Those Pros have voiced their concerns over and over again.
I will direct message you with the suggestions I gave for improvement. Hopefully there is some recent status updates.