Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
cranichik
Level 7

For the umpteenth time...wrong leads...

@Meckell @Kameron I am STILL getting leads outside of my area...the last 3 for example. What is the purpose of setting my radius if you ignore it?? I unselected all cities and areas. I only want a 5 mile distance. WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS THAT I CANNOT TRAVEL FOR WHAT I DO???????

Occupations (1)
States
7 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: For the umpteenth time...wrong leads...

@cranichik thanks for your patience with this. I'm currently still looking into this situation with our Product Team. I'll send you a private message as soon as I get more clarification.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cranichik
Level 7

@MeckellThis still is not working. I went to the page to check areas (cities), unselected everything. Went to the page to select distance, put 5 miles and saved. Went right back to the page to check areas, and boom! There are cities selected again! And I keep getting wrong leads still.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 9

@cranichik

I know what you mean. I don't know how Thumbtack figures out the radius of cities/towns for jobs, but some cities I want to land a DJ gig, which are about 45 minutes away, falls into a radius that's a 2-3 hour ride for me. How do they figure this out?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@cranichik in my private message to you, I mentioned that because your five-mile radius touches those cities, those cities will be selected. In order to de-select them, you do need to have another city selected. I'm more than happy to do this for you. What city are you wanting to do work in? 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 9

@Meckell

Case in point with me. I set a city of Fort Lauderdale as the furthest south in Florida that I would travel, yet I'm getting many leads for Miami. I double checked my settings, and I have Miami area not checked. So why am I receiving leads from Miami?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie the reason why you're getting jobs in Miami is that you have your advanced settings turned on. To turn this off just go to your services, scroll down to your advanced settings and then de-select the option Suggest jobs near my travel area .

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 9

@Meckell
The option "Suggest jobs near my travel area" is very, very misleading.
I understood it to mean within my travel area. What constitutes "near"? Miami isn't near Fort Lauderdale. It's still further South. I'll make note of it but that needs to be clarified to other Pros as well.
0 Kudos