Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Get more of the leads you want

I am new to Thumbtack. I have been on the platform for three months. Does anyone have any tips on how to get more leads? 

Occupations (3)
States
0 Kudos
5 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Get more of the leads you want

@OmitPhotography I first wanted to say welcome to Thumbtack! I took a quick glance over your profile and it's off to an awesome start in such a short time. You've got some great reference photos and you've gone great to get those first 10 reviews. I'd add just 1-2 more past projects for customers to see and to strengthen your profile score to increase your ranking. Photography is a highly competitive category, but keep at it and as you build up those reviews, I'm sure you'll slowly see more leads coming in.

Aside from that, I noticed that you only have preferences set for your commercial photography and not the others. Have you tried setting your preferences yet for those services to get that rank boost and see if you get more leads in those other areas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ladypants
Level 5

No leads, profile isn’t showing, low rating

I’m pretty new on Thumbtack, joined in March and it’s been working out just great. 

My company is an event vendor so we offer multiple services. When we started fresh, we were #3 in reading and leads were endless for all services. Eventually we reached #1.  

Then we had one 2-star and one 3-star reviews which brought our rating to 4.5 from original 5. Understandably. But it put us from #1 to #4 even with promotions on in our main category. 

At the same time (beginning/middle May) normal 2-4 leads a day became 2-4/ a week, not even. Also when I try to look us up, it says “You need an active service first”. We have been working with this service for months and have a promotion active. 

I understand the low rating = #4 = no leads connection, though we have a promotion on for 2 services (99% of leads come from these). Is it normal to have such a leap? Also I’m concerned that I can’t look us up in search results. 

Would appreciate any advice/tip/help! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: No leads, profile isn’t showing, low rating

@ladypants it's so awesome to hear how well you've been doing on the site in just a few months! We definitely want that early success to continue. Keep in mind that each of the 4 services you offer will show up in different slots in the search results and there will also be a big difference for the services you've not set preferences for (temporary tattoo, caricaturing) vs the ones that you have (face painting, balloon twisting). I just tried using the "look yourself up" button at the top of your services page and it's showing me where you show up in the search results for balloon twisting. When I search for any of the other 3 services it gives the message that you mentioned. I'll make sure to report this error with the right teams, but in the meantime, you can still look yourself up through the customer app or directly through the website home page. Of course, let me know if you have any additional questions. 

0 Kudos
ladypants
Level 5

Thank you. 

I’ve also noticed that when I look us up, our profile picture displays one of our gallery samples instead of actual profile picture. Is there a way to have your profile picture displayed at all times? 

I’m also wondering is there a way to calculate how many 5-star reviews do we need to have our rating back to 5-star? 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ladypants can you send me a private message of what you're referring to when saying that your gallery photos are showing up as your profile photo? I want to make sure I'm fully understanding what's going on and then will be able to investigate further.

As far as seeing how many more 5-star reviews you need to get back to a 5-star rating, we don't have a tool for that right now. That is something you'll have to track manually Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos