Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
traynorpiano
Level 6

How about a "Preferred Client Status"?

I would like to suggest that Thumbtack offer a "Preferred Client Status" for clients who will give their phone number, and offer a little more detailed information about their request.  You would probably need input from Pros on what specifically would be helpful in their field. 

For example, as a piano teacher, I would like to know if, when they say they have a keyboard, do they mean a little 49-key thing or a full 88-key digital piano.  I won't teach on a small keyboard, but I do teach students with digital pianos.  Also the age of a student.  The form says "Younger than 6".  Is that "going to be 6 in a month", or "just turned 3".   It makes a difference.  Some questions are probably not necessary.  "Can the student read music?" is not really helpful.  What does that even mean to the client?  They can sing along with everybody else in church, or they can sit at the piano and sight read a piece of music?  It's not a helpful question.

This sort of arrangement might require more work from Thumbtack.  I'm not convinced at this point that Thumbtack is that interested in helping the professionals.  I would like to believe that they are, but....I'm not sure.

It seems that serious clients would be willing to do this.  Tire kickers, not so much.  

Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
2 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: How about a "Preferred Client Status"?

@traynorpiano we aren't Thumbtack without you pros, so we definitely want to do all that we can to help you guys. Feedback like this is super helpful, thanks for going into such great detail! This has been passed on to our Product Team. 

0 Kudos
traynorpiano
Level 6

Re: How about a "Preferred Client Status"?

Great!  Please ask your pros what specific information they would want from a "Preferred Client"! 

0 Kudos