results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
cranichik
Level 8

Identical request in jobs tab - 2 different zip codes. Sounds fishy.

Today I got 2 requests in my jobs tab, both from the exact same name. Both had the exact same request, pet sitting in their house for 5 days. Both had 1 pet.

But, there were 2 different zip codes, almost 20 miles apart! And the price to quote each was different, too. I wonder how many Pros are going to lose money quoting on this one.

Mods, this looks suspicious to me.......How can these type of requests get through?

Cranichik 8-8-2019

7 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Identical request in jobs tab - 2 different zip codes. Sounds fishy.

@cranichik I looked in your Jobs tab to see this and am not seeing those requests in there anymore. Did you by chance grab screenshots of the requests or remember the first name of the customer? I definitely want to look into it and get you more clarification. 

0 Kudos
cranichik
Level 8

Now I see one is not there. The customer is Charles h.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@cranichik there are times when customers need to change a few details after creating their request (zip code for example.) Since customers aren't able to change the details of their request after reaching out to pros, they will need to create another request to change those details. If the customer reaches out to the same pro twice, that pro will not be charged twice. 

Be sure to just pass on these jobs if you're not interested in them. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 7

Same here. I got one from a Dulcia that I responded to and then minutes later another one... No response from the user. Reported it and haven’t heard back.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@MMM_Memories It looks like this customer needed to change a few details on their project after reaching out to you. When this happens, a new request is created. If you look at the payments section of your account, you'll see that you were not charged twice for this customer.

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 7

Hi Meckell,
I had the option to Accept or Decline, and accepted based on the location being my town. As you can see from the recent message. The location as changed and I’m requesting a refund on the basis that the job details have significantly changed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for expanding on that further @MMM_Memories. That has been refunded, you'll see this in the payments section of your account!