Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 23817: Model of when you get charged
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
Moderator Meckell

Re: Initial jobs posting too vague

@CLGPatrick not necessarily, but we definitely agree that we don't want to overwhelm the customer with too many questions. I can see how that question in particular would be helpful for pros, I'll be sure to submit that to our product team! Thanks for all of your thoughts about this. If you or @scottb have any other suggestions for us, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Highlighted
scottb
Level 5

Here's an example of something actually useful, that just came up. I can tell from this whether to pursue it:

Amy is looking for Illustrating

Charleston, SC 29401
other pro contacted
2h 26m
avg pro response time
View Job

Intended use
Commercial

Number of illustrations
More than 20 illustrations

Preferred medium
What the illustrator recommends

Zip code

Hi there, I hope this email finds you well. I have written a children’s book about an island in South Carolina. It is an ABC’s of the island book. An example is A is for the Atlantic Ocean that’s our neighbor. Another is c is for crabbing down on the dock. I have ideas for each letter, can describe them and send photos to help. My thought is that is no central character, but maybe placing children characters throughout the scenes. The target market is parents of children 5 years and younger so vibrant colors and cartoonish scenery/characters. Is this a project that you may be interested in pursuing? If so, can you provide me with a general idea of cost and production time? Thanks so much and I look forward to speaking with you, Amy 

Where
Charleston, SC

Moderator Meckell

Great call out @scottb, thanks for sharing! 

I am on the swimming pool side of things and there is a category for Swimming Pool Cleaning, Maintenance, and Inspection and it is way too vague. There is already a category for Inspection and I do not want to pay for a lead for cleaning a pool when I do not perform that task but I do inspect pools. I think for my trade there should be different categories for individual things for a pool. It will give all of us a more qualified lead and then the system works for everyone involved.

1. opening or closing pool service
  2. liner replacement
  3. filter pump heater repair or replace
  4. safety cover

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@customerservice this is super helpful for us to know, I'll be sure to pass it along. Thanks for sharing your feedback!