results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Instant Match woes

Two Instant Match problems:

1  It lists my rates as a flat fee, when my rates are hourly.

2 Instant Match often skips bidding for me, so I have to constantly monitor all requests anyway. If there's an issue with my profile, I'd like to know about it.

Am I better off without it? And losing out to less-qualified pros who nonetheless get their bids in first--Instantly?

My 'job type' is Computer Repair.

States
0 Kudos
27 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Instant Match woes

Hi there @Mac_House_Calls thanks for your feedback about how your price hourly instead of a flat fee. I sent that to our Product Team on your behalf. 

If you go to your insights and then select Computer Repair, you'll see that there have been 21 quotes sent since July 30th. If there are quotes we're missing out on sending, you may need to expand your preferences a little bit. Also, keep in mind that if you hit your budget for the week, quoting will stop. 

Take a look into your insights and your settings and let me know if you have any other questions, always happy to help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks so much for responding.  It's great to have a dialog going, and with an actual person.  My concerns remain--the large number of reauests which match my preferences and skills but are instantly matched with other pros, leaving me playing catch-up and quoting much later.  

Let me address your specific comments:

@Meckell wrote:

Hi there @Mac_House_Calls thanks for your feedback about how your price hourly instead of a flat fee. I sent that to our Product Team on your behalf.

That's great; thanks.  It seems like quite a blunder and easily fixed.   

@Meckell wrote:

If you go to your insights and then select Computer Repair, you'll see that there have been 21 quotes sent since July 30th.

The data isn't broken out into Instant Match quotes vs. my manual quoting.  So the insight isn't relevant. A most relevant insight would include total number of requests, total number of Instant Matches, and total number manual quotes, for all pros, and the same data for me.

@Meckell wrote:
If there are quotes we're missing out on sending, you may need to expand your preferences a little bit.

Do all requests that match my preferences get Instantly Matched?  If not, how does Thumbtack decide which pros benefit from Instant Match?  Clarity on this would help make Thumbtack an admirable service.

@Meckell wrote:
Also, keep in mind that if you hit your budget for the week, quoting will stop. 

I've never hit my budget.

@Meckell wrote:

Take a look into your insights and your settings and let me know if you have any other questions, always happy to help! 

I've done so.  Thanks !  I guess my question is:  how can I minimize Thumbtack's leaving me out of Instant Matches to requests for which I'm perfectly matched?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Mac_House_Calls there are a lot of different factors that go into the algorithm. I took a look into your profile and have a few tips. First is the media on your profile. The average in your market is 20 photos, so if you could add some more to your profile, that would really help you. Next is reviews. You're right with the market average with 13 reviews, but getting a few more onto your profile will set you that much more apart. 

If you've seen a customer recently that you didn't get matched with and are a perfect match, please send me the customers name through private message and I can look deeper into things. I hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Thanks, I'll do just what you suggest.  Regarding photos, does the algorithm count photos, regardless of what they depict?

And, just to make sure I understand how it works, if I turned Instant Match OFF, and instead just sat there 24/7 and constantly monitored the Requests, then I wouldn't miss out, right?

I really appreciate your response; thanks again.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Mac_House_Calls the algorithm is based on an overall profile score, which takes into account the number of photos. Whether you turn Instant Match off or keep it on you shouldn't be missing out. I counted that Instant Match sent out about half of your total quote count for July and matched with jobs accordingly with your preferences. The jobs coming in with it off will also be matching accordingly. As for waiting for them to come in if you turn Instant Match off, I'd make sure to use notifications for new requests to your advantage so you don't have to worry about missing them.

To reiterate what @Meckell said, If you've seen a customer recently that you didn't get matched with and are a perfect match, please send either of us the customer's name through private message and we can look deeper into things. 

0 Kudos

Thanks, much appreciated. And will do.

@Meckell wrote:

Hi, this was three weeks ago, and the problem is still there.  You're still telling prospective clients that I charge a flat fee. I'll contact you privately about compensating me reasonably for charging me for false bids on my behalf, after I alerted you to the issue.   I hope you understand--I don't think Thumbtack wants to be known for misrepresenting its professionals.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi @Mac_House_Calls I received your DM and will be responding back to you shortly. Thanks for reaching out! 

0 Kudos

Of course.  Fixing Macs is tough, but I sure wouldn't want your job! Then again you seem made for it as far as it looks from here..

0 Kudos