Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Thumbtack Employee CordeliaH
Thumbtack Employee

Is managing your services working for you?

Hi pro community!

We’re conducting some research on what’s working and what could be better about managing your services on Thumbtack. We’d love to hear your perspective.

When we talk about managing your services, we mean anything related to service details, your travel preferences, availability, job preferences, your budget on Thumbtack, or your pricing that’s shown to customers.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 12.52.02 PM.pngExample services tab

Some guiding questions to get you started:

• When you visit your Services page, what are you here to do? What changes are you trying to make?

Thinking about how you manage your services currently:

• What situations or new information about your business prompts you to make changes to your services on Thumbtack?
  • What makes it easy or hard to manage your services on Thumbtack?

Thinking about the future:

• What sorts of information or recommendations about your services would be useful to you? Specifically, think about recommendations or changes you could make to your services that could help you be more successful on Thumbtack.
  • Thinking about the Services page on Thumbtack, what would you like to be able to do here?  
  • If you had a magic wand and could change anything about managing your services on Thumbtack, what would it be?

Your feedback is invaluable as we learn more about how we can make Thumbtack work better for you.

Thanks,

Cordelia, Pro Experience Researcher

78 responses
Highlighted
RCPS
Level 7

Re: Is managing your services working for you?

@CordeliaH , thanks for your question.  For me, one of the biggest issues on the services page (the section where you indicate pricing) is that I'm forced to list my pricing as an hourly rate (I do not charge hourly for new clients).  My services are package-based and I feel that this inaccurate pricing contributes to the extremely few leads I'm receiving (so far this year, I'm averaging at only ONE lead per month - I've only had five leads for 2019 total).  It's extremely frustrating to be forced into this pricing structure because it's not a reflection of how I actually charge and prospects are heavily weighing pricing as they glance at their search results.

The fact that I'm unable to "manage MY services" isn't helpful at all.  And it's also extremely unfair to Pros like me.  Please have your product managers offer Pros the flexibility on pricing to be hourly OR package-based, OR N/A (need more info) like it used to be.  I don't understand why this was changed - again, it's so frustrating.

Thanks again for soliciting for our feedback - it's much appreciated.  Also, I would be so elated if this feedback was implemented.

~RCPS

DJStevie
Level 12

@CordeliaH 

Thank you for posting this.

I have to agree with @RCPS that we are forced to incorporate hourly prices. In my business, I offer packages, which is a flat fee for my DJ services, not per hour. How does one incorporate those prices into hourly rates? Packages are what distintguishes me from other DJ's in my area. I give incentives for certain packages( spotlighted names, special lighting, etc), so why does Thumbtack want hourly rates? Not every business works hourly.

Certain DJ questions were removed recently. I, along with other Pros,  voiced concerns in a thread about a month ago. Why are more tools that helped the Pros being removed? Seems that Thumbtack isn't geared to helping Pros anymore, but in my opinion, it is hurting Pros. Please prove to me that I'm wrong in my assessment.

With the services, please incorporate all settings to reflect in Jobs Tab as well(local leads, travel distance, etc) If we are Promoting, then services should work for both Promote and Jobs Tab. I'm tired of seeing jobs that are 2-3+ hours away from me. Those aren't being helpful at all. In fact, if Thumbtack is geared to helping Job Posters, you are losing more of them when Pros do not reply to those Jobs Tab leads because of locality, budget, etc.

@CordeliaH, If any feedback from myself, @RCPS or other Pros who comment on this thread are passed on, how long do we have to wait to hear the status of that feedback? At this point after months of giving suggestions, I think that Thumbtack should provide a status of feedback. It would help in restoring some kind of morale to the Pros.

Thanks

DJ Stevie 5-15-2019

DJStevie
Level 12

@CordeliaH 

In addition to my previous comments/suggestion pertaining to services, why can't Thumbtack return to charging us weekly instead for every $50 usage on our budget? I posed that question here back in January  https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Pricing-payments-refunds/Credit-Card-charges/m-p/16518/highlight/...

If we set a budget, Thumbtack should adhere to our budget, not deem what and when to charge. Then why are we setting a budget?

DJ Stevie 5-17-2019

There use to be a way to see if messages you sent were open by the client.  I am not able to find it anymore.  Is it still available?

DJStevie
Level 12

@Alex310Photos 

They took that function away from us in the Feburary monthly updates here

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Product-news-updates/February-s-product-improvements/m-p/20451?ad...

DJ Stevie 5-15-2019

That's not a good thing.  I ofter bid on jobs where the client reached out to other photographers but no one has responded.  I would love to see if that client read my message or if they didn't.  If they did then I have the opportunity to follow up and try to close the deal.  Now I hesitate to send a follow up because I don't know if they read the first contact.  

DJStevie
Level 12

@Alex310Photos 

I agree, and if we follow up, we will be termed a nuisance and risk being blocked by the Job Posters who have that capability now. Perhaps even reported to Thumbtack as well

DJ Stevie 5-15-2019

No no no no no no no no no!!!!!! I've posted thousands of words explaining why. Combined with the tens of thousands contributed by all the others, it's blatantely clear that the system does not function properly, nor on behalf of the pros.

Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie @DefiningImagery @GeorgeH @HansenJC You're right, you have given us some great feedback, which we appreciate! All of that feedback has of course been passed along, but this is just another opportunity for you to share your perspective with another member of the team. We often hear you say that you want to hear from the members of different teams who help make decisions here at Thumbtack, and here's your chance! We want your service details to be helpful for you, so if you have suggestions for ways that we can make it better, I encourage you all to share them with Cordelia on this thread. 

0 Kudos