results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
jcp
Level 9

Re: Is managing your services working for you?

@videoman - Yes! Customer contacted 28 pros And 23 responded. So the question is not “is managing my services working for ME”. My question is to Thumbtack - “how is Allowing 28+ pros to be contacted a fair way for Thumbtack to manage my services?” This is the part that I can not manage that effects my business. 23 responded to that person.

I’ve also had 12 and 16 contacted! It’s part of Thumbtack’s management of our services that I see so much concern for in the community. We were told months ago about some major changes due to pros concerns and still have not seen any announcement or newsletter to us all yet.

Also - I find that “pausing”my services multiple times throughout the week has saved me money and a good way to manage my charges on promote.
HansenJC
Level 10

@jcp  When you wrote: "We were told months ago about some major changes due to pros concerns..." Travis mentions three of those issues that have received a lot of requests from the Pros. You can view that recent video by Travis https://youtu.be/0wET6pHrSfg where he presented the webinar on the Feedback Loop.

Travis also said there would be a post somewhere here in the community with more details of several other frequent requests.

I have also found that a ?new? feature that is not often dscussed is the "Suggestion Box." I have asked how long that was there but heard no answer yet. You will need to log in to navigate to this spot. https://help.thumbtack.com/suggestions

We need to lobby other pros to enter they own suggestions and make every post count. Sorta like voting for a write-in candidate.

In that video, Travis talked about the mileage filter for the Jobs Tab. But I am unsure that it was implimented as well as we would like. I know it could be done better. One question I have for @travis (is this the right Travis?) did you actually poll the Pros who requested the Mileage filter to learn if that filter is what they wanted? Sorta like an ad hoc focus group.

So something has been implimented. Just not enough, nor as fast as we would wish it to happen.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Is managing your services working for you? Another thought on the number of pros contacted.

Another thought on the number of pros contacted.

There was a time when a moderator answered this issue with an explanation about why what we see in terms of any number of pros contacted turned out not to be what we think we see. I tried very hard to comprehend what was said. But it still made no sense to me. And I doubt strongly that it ever will. Someone needs to challenge the programmers to explain the math involved in "28 pros contacted".

I got my start when there was a limit to the number of Pros that could "bid" or send a quote to a job poster. Then it changed to instant match and the number of leads I saw dried up. The number of jobs can never be higher than zero if the number of leads is zero. (So, good review will never change that, will it.) Then it changed to promote.   .....[And now I am rambling.]

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
ReeseTee
Level 7

No. I am guessing you are talking about the website, how we instruct TT to filter the leads that are, and are not, sent to us, etc. 

In one of my TT profiles ( I have two); I have over 70 response templates.  However, if I receive a JPSY lead, I am unable to access those templates.

I used to send lengthy, well written emails, asking for simple clarity on certain types of Handyman leads. I no longer do that. 

And, not to sound like a broken record. The whole distance thing, declining leads that are way too far away. Or even wading through those in my JOBS TAB..... not a productive use of my time.

TheLast10SF
Level 7

Couple thoughts:

Functionality wise is pretty good, the one feature I'd like is to be able to more easily set lead times using Promote.  I usually work 4-5 weeks out and will often get Promoted to customers who want stuff right away. TT is good about refunding but it's frustrating to the customer.

User experience wise the per lead pricing should be much more visible, right now I've got to hunt it 3-4 clicks deep. 

My big beef is that the pro Service categories don't match what customers see. Take one of my services, making Cabinets. I'm signed up for two Pro services categories "cabinetry" and "custom cabinet making" (with radically different lead price structures, but that's a different topic). For the customer who types in cabinets, they see "custom cabinets" and "cabinet makers" and then get a bunch of sub categories. Since I've got promote on for cabinetry, I get promoted if they choose install premade cabinets, which I don't do. Why isn't there a 1:1 match of customer and pro services or at least for each Pro services, what search terms it covers?

In another example, this time in furniture making. If I'm a customer and I type in Furniture, I get a bunch of services options none of which are related to making custom furniture. It's only when I type in "custom furniture" do I get the catagory. How is a customer suppose to know this? To most customer it looks like TT doesn't offer Pros for custom furniture making. Opportunities losts. I realize this last comment goes beyond the question but is important. 

I'm happy to talk more and/or even get on a videocall to show what I mean as I realize it's hard to follow in text. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

The cost that a Pro will pay should not be burried even one click deep. It should arrive in plain sight with the lead. And the discount should be visible at once not after we have paid it. (Yes I have offered this suggestion as two seperate suggestions previously).

JCH  ~~  5-15-19

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
cgema
Level 6

I really don't know if its working.   Truth be told I stopped actively using Thumbtack as I am not getting hired.   Promote doesn't work for me and I got tired of responding to leads that ghost me while I kept paying and paying with no refunding for ghosts who didn't even seem real.    After not using promote, all the jobs in my job tabs also lead no where.  They are either from miles and miles away or have a budget that bascially would have me working for free.

I've asked for one thing...the ability to edit (remove the word digital) what is included in MY base pricing and that has fallin on deaf ears.

Highlighted
Lar
Level 9

@Meckell said...

If you haveanyfeedback regarding your services, our Product Team wants to hear it! We greatly appreciate all the suggestions you've given us so far and this is another great opportunity to be sure your voice is heard.  

I sent a PM to @CordeliaH last night minutes after she made her original post in which she was soliciting feedback. @CordeliaH never read my PM. 

Suggestion. If Thumbtack employees solicit feedback from Pros then it would be a really good idea if those employees show Pros a basic level of professional courtesy by reading their replies.

Regards,
Laurence.

Moderator Kameron

@Lar posting your response here in this thread will be the best way for you to share feedback in regards to Cordelias question, as opposed to sending her a DM. Keeping all relevant feedback in this thread will make things easier for her to keep everything in one place for her and her team to see.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@Kameron 

If it's true that @CordeliaH and her team will read the comments and feedback in this thread, will she be replying to Pros who gave feedback?

DJ Stevie 5-15-2019