results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Is managing your services working for you?

@CordeliaH

I read your words and between the lines I get the feeling that TT is actually planning a new product that TT plans to sell us rather than amending or correcting the limitations of the TT we are currently using. I wonder if you will match the changes that the product team will ship, to the actual suggestion offered by the Pros. We have yet to see the connection between any previous changes with the things that we have suggested.

Just try it. We are listening.

When I read your words "designing new solutions for the services management page that will hopefully make it easier for pros to grow and manage their businesses".

We are not looking for easier. We are looking for a functional tool that is a mirror of the real world environment that defines our category. We do not need to manage our business we need a way of communicating with the Job Posters. TT is a communication tool, not a management tool. TT should be a network node between the Pros and the Job Posters. 

When TT is able to Match the real world, then the tool work for us.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
DJStevie
Level 12

@HansenJC 

On point here!!

Yes, we are listening @CordeliaH. If there's a new product coming out, why can't Thumbtack share this with the Pros ahead of time, this way to avoid the upset that Pros are still feeling after Promote was implemented. No product is going to make everyone happy, but if Thumbtack does care about its' Pros, as I hope to believe that they still do, then perhaps share with us what the new product entails, and even get our input ahead of time. This way, it will prove to us that we are still important to Thumbtack, and it will also restore the faith that we had.

DJ Stevie 5-16-2019

DJStevie
Level 12

Just wondering if there is any word on when @CordeliaH will be "in the coming weeks sharing some new designs and updates—looking forward to getting your reactions!" from her comment on 5-15-2019??

DJ Stevie 7-8-2019

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

On May 15th you wrote “coming weeks ... sharing new designs and updates.” It’s been 8 weeks tomorrow since that statement. Probably best to say “several months from now”. I’ve been waiting for notifications announcing such changes since hearing our feedback (again). So far nothing. I still can’t even put in my rate for Video Production and I am forced to pay for leads that can’t afford my services. And for a week now - “view competition” on the all doesn’t work. With today’s technology and brilliant programmers , I can’t understand this.
DJStevie
Level 12

@jcp 

I commented yesterday about this. Still haven't heard from anyone. Perhaps there is no time frame for @CordeliaH to give us updates?

DJ Stevie 7-9-2019

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

I saw it thats why I commented. Smiley Happy It’s been a week now that the app “view competition “ has not worked. A week? As we contour to pay for leads that are not within parameters that we can’t control and refunds are non-negotiable.... I “pause” Promote a lot throughout the week. “Wants an estimate ..... “ - I so hate seeing that paid promote. “Wants availability” ..... hello? My profile wouldn’t come to you if I was not available! That’s the whole point of a calendar and filters right?
Hankster
Level 10

I'm using Promote. In my travel area I have a 50-mile radius. However, in the Jobs tab I see jobs 100 or more miles from where I live. Well out of my travel area radius & a job I'm going to pass on. Promote & the Jobs tab should work hand in hand. In regard to the Jobs tab I would like to be notified of jobs as they come in. The way it used to be until recently. I work a full-time job & I don't have the luxury of keeping the Jobs tab open 24/7. I'd rather get inundated with job requests then having to visit the Jobs tab only to see that a lead submitted a request hours & hours ago. Although it’s been several months since a lead replied to me from the Jobs tab. We no longer know if they viewed your quote. I guess they must be blocking me without me knowing. I'm a DJ service pro. In Job types there used to be a section where I can check what types of music I have (80's, Rock, Disco, etc.) I see that's no longer there. Why was that removed? Unless it's somewhere else I'm not finding it. Thumbtack has a lot of work to do to begin gaining my trust again. Monthly updates that have been made recently do not benefit the service pro in my opinion. That needs to change! Thumbtack used to be my sole source for job leads. That’s not the case anymore.

DJStevie
Level 12

@CordeliaH 

Since I didn't hear from the Moderators about repeating previous suggestions in this thread, I'm going to repeat mine from 6 months ago.

When using Promote, we are in the dark as to who is reaching out to us. We are told that exact matches are made from our preferences, which I commented on another thread that isn't always the case.

What I have suggested, and still suggest is something similar to previous systems on Thumbtack. Of course, not everyone will be in agreement, but some variations will be acceptable

I need to see the following ahead of time

1.  Job Poster information
  2.  City where venue will take place
  3.  Event info
  4.  Lead Cost

Then after reviewing all the information, and I feel that Job Poster is right fit for me, charge me AFTER I submit a quote along with a brief message.

@CordeliaH, I am looking forward, as you promised, to your upcoming post in the coming weeks. We've been waiting on major changes to help us for months now, so hopefully, the "coming weeks" doesn't turn out to be more months. Also, I hope that the new designs and updates will be very helpful to us.

I understand that each Pros has specific feedback for his/her own business, so I pose this question, How will Thumbtack change/improve their system to help ALL Pros and their businesses?

DJ Stevie 5-16-2019

Moderator Meckell

Hey there @DJStevie I just responded to you about sharing your feedback again. Be sure to check that out here. 

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

It's been great reading other pros responses to your question to the community.  Reminds me again - - Why is it that Pros can not post a "starting price" or "budget range" or any hourly rate at all in video production services?   I still can not believe that TT thinks that it is appropriate that we are forced to pay for leads in a catagory that we can not even post our price.  Twice in the last week I was charge $20+  for customers whos budgets were well below professional videography services - my services.  I tried for a refund with no luck.  Because TT doesn't allow for filtering customers with our set prices or range.  It's simply wrong.  With all the emails and notices and postings about how much TT wants to help us get the right customers . . .   then why can TT simply not provide US with efficient tools. 

We are selling a service.  How is it that TT simply cant allow for us to post prices? And filter appropriate customers to us that, on promote, we are forced to pay for.  How can TT think that is right? 

The whole platform changed to "get the right customers"  . . .  put in your preferences and "promote" your serices.   And as another said on this feed .. . . .   before - I would see a persons budget and I could make the choice if I wanted to respond to a lead that was below my rate.  Sometimes I would.  But now I have no choice.  There is nothing your customer service department, or your moderators, can say here that will convince me - 20 years in business - that by NOT allowing us to have our rates posted AND TT not having a filter that controls promote leads to our specific rate/budget ranges - is flat out unfair and not showing support to our success. 

I have 4 services I provide - and to see the descrepancies accross the board in these services  is eye opening. 

So - its simple . . . .     VIDEO PRODUCTION should have a price range that our customers can see so then know before contacting us.  Every service on this site should.  It's the basic need a customer needs to know about your services . . .   your price.  And TT should be filtering these leads to us since we are paying for it.  

Twenty years.  Experience, success . . .   why am I as many others here, have to keep expressing concerns over simple, common business practices.  Why is it a conversation that allowing for our pricing to shown and filter in Photography be allowed . . .   but not Video Production?  Beyond comprehension why that was taken away.