results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

So why don't the other team members just read the forums???

So why don't the other team members just read the forums instead of making us spend hours and hours re-writing the same thing over and over and over. It's all here! Let them read it! If anyone cared, and wanted to fix things, they'd read it and make changes.

DJStevie
Level 12

Re: So why don't the other team members just read the forums???

@DefiningImagery 

EXACTLY!!

Several reps have posted threads asking for suggestions and we have given numerous suggestions for months now, some Pros 6+ months ago. If Thumbtack was listening, they would have cared enough to fix things and make changes to help us.

DJ Stevie 5-16-2019

Moderator Meckell

@DefiningImagery they definitely do read conversations in the Community and all feedback we receive is noted. The feedback we have gotten in the Community has been helpful when it comes to some recent changes. There are times where we're looking for specific feedback and in this case, it's regarding your services. There are some pros who haven't yet shared feedback regarding their services, and there are pros who have but we always welcome them to expand on it more. 

DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

No disrespect here, but can you please share what recent changes have come to pass from our feedback being passed on that have helped Pros?? In Jason's monthly updates threads, it seems Pros lost more than we have gained. If I'm wrong, please share.

Suggestion, why can't reps who post these threads for suggestions, contact Pros via email/phone who's suggestions seem great, so those Pros can expand more with them one on one? Then post a feedback with suggestions that they are working on?

DJ Stevie 5-16-2019

Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie you and I had a conversation about this last week, which you can see here. In that post, I directed you to one of Kameron's posts sharing some updates that were made due to the feedback we received in the Community which you can refer back to here. All those updates Kameron shared are indeed there to help you pros, I'm sorry that you feel otherwise. To keep this thread on topic with suggestions regarding services, I'm happy to further this conversation with you through private message. 

0 Kudos

Ok.... services stink, nothing's working, all the important questions that filter the matches were removed so that everyone becomes a "match" so that TT can charge more pros, because when the filters were in place less were matches so TT got paid less. Now any client can reach out to any pro, match or not, and trigger a charge!!!! There in a nutshell is the answer. If TT wants to figure out the problem, all they have to do is look at it from the pros' point of view and the answers will be clearly evident! But instead they look at it from the profit potential only and THAT'S  why it doesn't work and that's why pros are screaming their heads off.... because everyone is in a panic because they're paying for leads and getting no work and freaking about how they're going to put food on the table. So the dog-n-pony show of asking us to tell you again what's wrong, is is seen for what it is... lip service. And we're met with insulting contradictory responses like, "We're eliminating the filtering questions to give you better match results"!!! NOOOO!!! Filters give us BETTER matches; non-filtered results give us RANDOM matches!!!!! But you don't want to hear any of that so every time someone posts things like this, you just remove the post and say it's not helpful. But it's very helpful because we're telling you what is wrong, when you're asking what is wrong - but TT doesn't want to hear that. Hiding it from the public board isnt' going to stop people from having the thoughts in their heads. We all know this is what's happening even when we're not allowed to see it in print from other pros who also recognize it. And everyone is going off-board anyway with priviate messages, private emails, and private phone calls and all this conversation takes place elsewhere, so why bother ripping it off the boards?

Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

@DefiningImagery Perfect response!

Please..PLEASE add more job preferences to the video production & Event videography category.  I don't know who came up with the preferences there but they are completely irrelevant and it's costing me a fortune. I'm getting nothing but terrible leads! The only questions there to help narrow down the customers is: 1. location (ok, that's important.) 2. Runtime length of video (this is irrelevant and is a waste of a question) 3. services (Obvioulsly videography and editing, it's the main category).

We need to narrow this down more, i'm tired of paying for terrible leads.

Please add: 1. Customer budget, 2. Job Type (Commercial, Marketing, Personal, Internal communications, Speaker Presentation, Instructional)

That's it! that would make a world of difference for us. 

K_K
Level 5

I agree with silverline. The categories need to be more specific. I don’t shoot weddings for instance yet I receive a plethora of leads for that particular type of event. “Availability” is also too broad a term and needs better definition.
0 Kudos
Lar
Level 10

The 'team' have an abduncance of ideas and feedback provided by Pros over the last six months.

The 'team' know full well what changes are necessary to resolve the long-standing and oft reported issues with the system.

Why is the 'team' making this soliciation for feedback now? What have the 'team' done with all the feedback they've previously received? 

Regards,
Laurence.