Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Is managing your services working for you?

It's pretty clear that TT isn't taking the pros feedback, if so, show me what changes have been made with the pros in mind. Everyone on here is requesting more job preferences so we stop receiving garbage leads. Instead of adding more preferences to help narrow automatic leads, you've reduced them to 3. Atleast in my category of Video Production. IN the past two weeks, i've spent over $300 on leads I would never bid on cause their budget was too low or it's not work I perform. But TT still got paid.

I've almost given up with TT, if you look at all the threads on this community and all the complaints, nothing is getting done with the pros in mind. It seems to me that we are extremely valuable to thumbtack, without us, customers will stop using this platform so wouldn't it be a good idea to start making changes to the platform that benefit the pro?

It's simple: ADD MORE PREFERENCES. If you don't know what to add...ASK A PRO IN THE FIELD. For example: Bring back a customers budget. Within job preferences of automatic leads, there needs to be a category that we can select the budget range in which we will accept and pay for leads. If a customer doesn't know how much a service costs, they can do a little research or if they aren't getting the responses they want, then thumbtack should intervene and suggest that their budget is too low. 

Hey I got a "gift of gab" badge. What does that do? I have no idea. My guess is it's a cute thing we can add to our profile that has no relevance to our profession.

jcp
Level 9

@silverlinevideo
Thank you for your post ! As a fellow pro in Video Production services - I too am spending way too much on production leads where people’s budgets are below professional rates. Or they don’t respond - or they reached out to 10 of us. I had one lead contact 28 pros! There are NO options to manage this service on our end to make it fair to us. Thumbtack doesn’t even allow for us to post our rate in this category. How is that even fair? How can Thumbtack allow for me to put in my rate to manage my service in one category - but not another? How is that right? Thumbtack not allowing me to manage my services by allowing me to but in my price range let alone provide a way to filter these customers that can not afford my range but I am forced to pay because I’m on promote? Also, promote fee in video production is sometimes three times more than a similar job if the customer had clicked “event videographer”. I just PAUSE promote a lot in this category. The question “is managing your services working for you?” Oh my - read the community comments. No notable significant changes have been made to the platform that is helping us manage our services. It’s May. How is it that five months have gone by and still, video production category can not manage our service by having a “price range”. At least be more empathetic when we ask for a refund on a request where that simply can not afford us. Otherwise .... why even give us Pros the ability to even manage our services at all. Same here my friend - getting charged video production job leads that I would never have bid on in the past. Never! Good luck!

I have various services I offer. I have services that I didn't set budgets on, and some I have budgets set on. How do I make my budget for a service back to $0.00, so I can add budget to some other services. I want to be able the do this regularly and I can't figure out how.
0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

@NickPollyLvIHR - Nick - And fellow pros - I also have several services. Let me give you some advice which works for me. What I learned is that you can change your budget anytime HOWEVER, it won’t go into effect until the upcoming Sunday (or Monday). Thumbtack only resets your budget preference once a week. It does not go into effect immediately. Another “preference” that needs adjusting. I actually set my budget in each category to about $100 a week (FYI it never reaches that) - and as the week progresses, if one of my service categories budget spending gets too high for my liking - I “pause” that service for the remaining week. Sometime throughout the week I pause all my services. All depends. I want the immediate option for my budget to be controlled, as we owners should be able to do. So “pause” promote is the best option for me to control the spending but also have to option to immediately be able to be put back in promote when I want. I also turn promote “on” and “off” quite often throughout the week. Because I have found that responding quickly is the best odds for booking. If I can’t respond quickly because I am at an event or sleeping , I pause promote. Too much money being spent when I am not able to respond quickly. This is the only way I found that allows me to keep control of my weekly budget and reduce the amount of erroneous charges. When I reach about $40 a week in a particular service and I didn’t book any - or all the leads were awful ..... I immediately pause promote for the remainder of the week in that category. I won’t spend more than that a week. Or maybe the week is going great and I don’t mind spending more in that category- keeping promote on. Control of my budget immediately. So if my budget is “set” for $40 a week and I want to increase it midweek - it won’t take immediate effect. That’s why I just keep my weekly budget high. Pause when I need to.

Another example - My “video production” services doesn’t even allow me to show my prices at all - how that is even acceptable when selling a service I don’t know - another “ preference” that needs adjustments. Therefore, I get many paid promote leads a week in this category from customers who’s budgets are well below professional rates and I am forced to pay. That can’t keep happening because it’s costing me a lot! So my only option for immediate control is by pausing promote at my discretion. I highly recommend this - even to those who have only one service.
0 Kudos
techlab
Level 5

Not really. I have two services listed and when I do get leads for one of them, it says "this is not a service normally targeted but we thought you might be interested" or something like that. It is EXACTLY the service I offer and target! So I got that lead, but how many am I missing out on?

Also hate that I get charged for a lead that wants a job for $25 and the lead costs me $3-5 without me even approving the charge. The problem on my side of that is my services don't cost certain amounts for certain jobs, they scale or they depend on a lot of things, etc. So the system won't even know that this job will cost me money, not make me any. 

Digitalwhims
Level 6

Now that I undersatnd what is wanted, managing my services is somewhat a mystery. I would like them to be more diverse in the categories. For instance, to have the Editing category be specified as to what type (Commercial, Home Video, etc.). Also my category has been combined into Photo Editing, Scanning and Restoration,  which is very confusing. Scanning is a separate and distinct category. (people want to protect their photos from fire or theft will use this). Restoration is also separate (while scanning is involved it is minor in the restoration process). Photo Editing is unclear period. Photo Manipulation might be a better title. I have suggested these changes on many occasions without result.

I would also like to see my competition, as we could see in the past. I would like to see who the job went to as we could see in the past. I would like to communicate with the potential customer as we could do in the past. I would like to see job postings go to just five Pros. In general I would like to see greater transparency. I would like to see my telephone and/or email be available to the customer (with TT trusting the Pro not to violate the rules, nor treat us as dishonest. I would like the Check Availabilty Button to be revised to Contact The Pro (which would go a long way to eliminating ghosting. I would like to see the calculation of Review be revised to be more accurate (previously posted suggestion).

I think TRANSPARENCY is most important. We are currently in the dark, groping for answers that don't seem to be forthcoming. Denny 925-336-7994 digitalwhims@comcast.net

techlab
Level 5

@Digitalwhims Funny, that's exactly the category I was referring to! I do scanning and restoring, not much editing/manipulations along those lines - probably too subtle for TT to know the difference but you and I would end up competing with each other for a vague job even though it might only apply to one of us. Fun.

Digitalwhims
Level 6

@techlab just brought to mind that neither we nor the customer knows where we are located... because it's hidden. If the customer and the Pro knew where we were located it would surely eliminate confusion.

Highlighted
techlab
Level 5

Yeah that's crazy - especially when they say they are willing to travel 25 miles...and you're 60 away.

TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

@CordeliaH 

Suggestions:

1) I wish we could customize Thumbtack more (in every area, but we're discussing services). Even if their had to be approval for it, I'd love to be able to add my own "services" because in my industry what pros offer (Professional Organizers) varies GREATLY. This also would help customers searching for organizers to know if we're the right fit before charging me for a lead to "get more info". This would help save both parties time 

2) The map or service areas is NOT user-friendly for those of us that don't necessarily use a radius. For instance, in a major city (like Philadelphia) there are some areas that are a major hassle to get to that aren't "that far" away that is easier to just avoid all-together and let other organizers take care of that are on that side of town, etc. I know it's customizable BUT it also takes FOREVER and half the time doesn't even work. An easier upgrade for service areas/radius that functions properly would be great.

3) There are coaching services I offer that are not available on here. Things I'd like Thumbtack to add (already submitted before but doesn't hurt to add again, here): ADHD Coaching, Clutter Coaching, Virtual Organizing (all online).

Hope these help! Thanks. 

0 Kudos