results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

Job Filters Changed?

I recently received requests via the Jobs Tab and there is less information now than I have seen in the past. I attempted to see what questions Thumbtack is asking the customers for a particular type of job and I do not see any question. When I put in a task such as "Ceiling Fan" I do not see the ceiling height which is critical to the accurate pricing of a job for replacing a ceiling fan. I did not see if this is a replacement of an existing ceiling fan.

Where can we find the questions that are being asked of a customer for replacing a ceiling fan?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
5 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Job Filters Changed?

@HansenJC the questions that customers answer come once they've viewed the pro's profile and decided to reach out. They read as:

1. Does the desired install location have an existing fan or light fixture?
  2. What kind of fan do you need installed?
  3. How high do you need the new fan installed?
  4. Confirm preferred dates, times. 
0 Kudos

-

0 Kudos

-

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

And why are the questions that Thumbtack asks the customers not visible to us Pros? In the past I was able to see the "ceiling height" in the request. Now the customers do not respond to that question because you did not ask it. "How high to install the fan" is not the same as the ceiling height. They may mistankenly think that a 24" down rod on a fan installed on a 10ft celing will mean the fan will be installed at 8ft which is the wrong answer. The ceiling is where we do all the work.

The issue here is that Thumbtack keeps changing too many things like the questions asked of the customers, and the Pros only learn of the changes after they are implimented by asking here the community, just as I did now. And this is only after we notice a change in the information that comes with the leads we are shown. We need to have a way to see these question without creating bogus (fake) jobs that we would use to test the system as if we were a customer. We need the customer request process to be transparent to us.

Here is how this will impact Thumbtack in a negative way. The Pros will pass on leads that do not include enough information to accurately send a quote. This will reduce Thumbtack's revenue. Fewer pros responding will discourage customers from using Thumbtack the next time. A reduction in the number of repeat customers will reduce Thumbtack's revenue.

I find myself passing on more jobs lately that do not include enough information to make an informed choice or an accurate quote.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@Kameron

And... having an existing light fixture does not answer the question that needs to be asked. Installing a fan on an electrical box that is not rated for the weight of the fan is dangerous and is against the electrical code.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos