Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
alvka
Level 4

Duct Cleaning Bid

We are 22 years old restoration and remediation company with pretty good ratings on different lid providers and reviews sites. Also we have many HVAC companies, refering us. For us, it's very inconvenient to bid price for duct cleaning, based on hours or flat price. Only Thumbtack doesn't permit to request more info. We see a lot of houses before 1980 completely wraped with asbestos, or gravity system return ductwork, filled with blown insulation for exterior walls. Presence of flexible ductwork, furnace location could be attic or crawl space, innability to reach main trunks with offsets. There is other things we check during estimate. What do you think if Thumbtack need it to change to get more bidders?  

Thank you

Johnjr
Level 6

Request forms

I tried to just put this in the suggestion box but it doesn't let me reply for some reason so anyways here's my suggestion. The request forms the customers is so lacking it's frankly a little bit deceitful we are both losing a ton of business here's my suggestion. Hire me John Henry as a consultant and I can redo the forms in a way that everybody is on the same page from the first page and also I could get a handle on these leads to make them more accurate so we're both making money very simple. Note that I have stuck around through these hard times still here I'd like to help fix it. Thanks have a great day I'll be waiting for your call
Moderator Meckell

Re: Request forms

Hi there @Johnjr. I'm happy to take your feedback, however, we do need more details. What's missing from the request form? What can be added? What other suggestions do you have? I look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
Johnjr
Level 6

Re: Request forms

Well if I told you all my ideas you wouldn't have to hire me as a consultant, I'm working on a format right now close to being done but I just can't give all my knowledge away for free
TSCreative
Level 5

Re: Lead form needs improvements. My ideas.

I know for my particular line of business (advertisng and graphic design), the project information is ALWAYS lacking enough details to make an acurate quote never mind what order it's in. I have mentioned this a number of times to the "powers that be", but to no avail. I think there is one basic template for all projects regardless of the industry and they are unwilling to deviate from that.

I coming to believe that, like most of these job brokering sites, people are basically hunting based on price and it's next to impossible to give an accurate quote with so little information. Admittedly, my prices may not be the lowest, but I am tired of looking at leads that tell me nothing in terms of what the client actually needs.

Moderator Meckell

@TSCreative each category goes through a different request flow and we ask the customers questions that pertain to the service they're requesting. What's missing for advertising and graphic design? What info are you wanting from the customer? I'm happy to hear out any suggestions that you have!

0 Kudos
TSCreative
Level 5

Meckell, I have pointed out before that the vast majority of posts I see lack even basic information on which to base a quote, most amount to little more than "I need a brochure", or "I need a sticker". It's the equivalent of saying to a carpenter, I need a new house.

For starters, if a customer is looking for any design job, I would need to know what the format is (a brochure, a sales sheet, and ad, etc); what the dimensions are; if it is multiple pages and if so how many; if they have available assets like copy or art work, or if this needs to be purchased; if they need it within a specific time frame; if they have a budget they must adher to.

By and large, a typical leads looks like this:

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 11.29.00 AM.png

With this kind of information, the best I can do is give an hourly estimate which more often than not gets me no response.

Moderator Meckell

@TSCreative thanks for expanding on this more! If you have any other suggestions about this is the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

0 Kudos