Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
MUM
Level 5

Leads

Has anyone noticed we have not gotten any leads in the last 72 hours for catering in the Orange County area in California

I've been with Thumbtack almost 10 years I've never seen this before.

I've been on the match or used to be called match and I just took myself off I'm going to see what happens today
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
8 responses
MR
Level 10

Re: Leads

@MUM For many of us in many different fields. lead volume has dried up considerably, in some cases to a complete halt.  I do not know what stats TT sees on their end, but many pros would believe that there are far fewer serious buyers coming to the TT site vs what was the case a year ago.

MUM
Level 5

Bonjour MR

I appreciate your comment in your reply but I know that this is not the norm

Merci beaucoup

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@MUM  If by, this is not the norm, you mean that you usually ge a lot of leads, there are many here that will be very jealous. In my area and many others the volume is near zero, and has been for a long time.   In my case, I know many of the other pros in my area and we all are seeing the same thing so it is not an issue of one pro profile vs another.

0 Kudos
MUM
Level 5

Bonjour MR

Exactly it's not about each other's pedigree it's about the need for services

Merci beaucoup
0 Kudos

@MR @MUM It is very true that the quality and quantity of leads has declined these past two years. It started when Instamatch was implemented. I have been a loyal Thumbtack pro for 5 years. In the beginning, I was able to scan leads and put up about 5 bids per week on average. Many of these were done with my iphone anywhere anytime. From the very first bid, I had a long string of sucesses. Now, the mobile app is difficult to use (I can't send pictures or pdfs! In my field that is essential) and I have not recieved ANY responses whatsoever for any leads from the Jobs Tab in well over a year. Nothing. What's going on? My iphone functions well,  my mobile updates are current, my profile is "superstrong" and my reviews are excellent. Something changed and no one is explaining it. No one. 

MUM
Level 5

@MR

Thank you for your reply... I do believe that of course holiday time is upon us so you can expect the course more activity September as you know is always slow for us but leading into October picks back up.

There's so much I would like to share with the community but unfortunately it's getting late for me and I have other things to do but I will check back in the next hopefully couple days and give my opinion on a few Solutions It's called Skin In the game.

Clients pay for leads as well
And if they hire a pro it goes toward their secured contract.
Merci beaucoup
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@MUM when you have some extra time we'd be happy to discuss those things that you'd like to share. As for customers paying to use the site, it's not something we're considering at this point. You can read more about this in our recent post: Keeping you in the (feedback) loop: July edition, on topic number 6.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@MUM I was able to take a look through your account to see that you have a balance due on your account, which is preventing you from showing up in search results and getting leads. Once you get that taken care of, if you still notice a difference in leads please reach out again and we'd be happy to continue to look through your account with you.

0 Kudos