Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
Lar
Level 10

Misleading Job Information in Jobs Tab

I have a job in my Jobs tab...

Image4.jpg

1 Pro was contacted, 0 Pros responded and it says 'Be the first'.

Looking at that you would think that if I responded to the Job I would be the FIRST Pro to respond, right?

Wrong.

On the customer side the Job looks like this...

Image3.jpgTwo other Pros already responded to the customer by sending quotes to the customer via their own Jobs tab. I wouldn't be the FIRST Pro to respond, I would actually be the THIRD.

This is misleading in the extreme.

Pros are responding to Jobs thinking that they are the first Pro whereas is fact up to four other Pros may have responded ahead of them. 

Why are Thumbtack misleading Pros like this?

Regards,
Laurence.

8 responses
RCPS
Level 7

Re: Misleading Job Information in Jobs Tab

Yes, that is indeed confusing. My guess is that they are only counting responses from pros that were initially contacted by the “customer.” They’re not counting those manual submittals that are coming through via the Jobs tab. I don’t know why not though. That surely is inaccurate and indeed misleading to the Pro. Good catch.
Lar
Level 10

Yes, that is indeed confusing. My guess is that they are only counting responses from pros that were initially contacted by the “customer.” They’re not counting those manual submittals that are coming through via the Jobs tab. I don’t know why not though. That surely is inaccurate and indeed misleading to the Pro. Good catch.

Yes, I think that's what they are doing,  and I bet the two Pros who sent manual quotes also saw the 'Be the first' tag the same as I did. 

Regards,
Laurence

DJStevie
Level 12

@Lar 

It is very misleading, and as @RCPS good catch!!!

If you are to be the first to reply, then the lead info shouldn't say "1 Pro was contacted"

And from the customer end of it, you will be the third Pro, not the first as TT wanted you to think you would be. Something is terribly wrong here.

Now it makes sense where I thought that I was the first to reply to a lead, and in essence, I could have been 3rd, 4th, 10th..whatever..No wonder customers very rarely get back to me.

0 Kudos

Thanks for bringing this to the surface @Lar, I'm happy to clarify. Although the customer has reached out to that 1 pro, that pro has not yet responded. You're seeing be the first because you would be the first pro the customer has received a response from. We highlight the jobs that haven't gotten a response yet because pros have a greater chance of winning the job if they're the first to respond. Let me know if you have any other questions about this. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 10

Although the customer did not directly reach out to the Pro who is sending the quote, the act of sending a quote to the customer is still quite clearly a 'response' isn't it? The Pro's quote is in essence saying to the customer, "I would like to work with you, this is what I do and this is what I can do your job for."

@Meckell,you said ... We highlight the jobs that haven't gotten a response yet because pros have a greater chance of winning the job if they're the first to respond

Even you say it @Meckell - by sending a quote to the customer the Pro is indeed sending a response and yes if no other Pro has sent a quote before you to the customer then you truly will be the first to respond.

However, if other Pros sent a manual quote to the customer before you then the Job is still flagged as 'Be the first' in your Jobs tab.

You respond believing that you will be the first to respond when in actual fact you won't be the first to respond because anywhere from 1 to 4 other Pros have already sent their own quotes and responded before you.

That's why the 'Be the first' tag is so misleading.

Regards,
Laurence.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Another Jobs Tab change?

I just saw this, along with other leads in my Jobs Tab.

The lead shows no Job Poster name, and that 0 pros replied. Click on View Details and it shows Job Poster name with how many Pros contacted. Now we don't know how many Pros were contacted before we click on view details. Why? Everything was available for us to see prior to click on view details.

Just wondering if it's another change, and if it is, why aren't we aware of any changes before they occur?

DJ Stevie 5-21-2019

Screenshot_2019-05-21 Jobs(3).pngScreenshot_2019-05-21 Quoting Page - Thumbtack.png

Re: Another Jobs Tab change?

@DJStevie you will notice that how you see things in your account may change from time to time. With updates such as this one, all the information is still there, it just requires an extra step to get there. When there are minor changes occurring in your profile that we know pros will notice, there won't always be a notification telling you about it. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Another Jobs Tab change?

@Meckell 

I mentioned that everything was available for us before we clicked "View Details". Why take that away from us? If I saw ahead of time how many Pros were contacted, I would decide then if I need to click the details or not. So, what benefit does this change have for the Pros, other than giving us an extra step?

DJ Stevie 5-21-2019