Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Nicky
Level 5

Missing Instant Match

Hi All,
Is anyone else missing Instant Match? Ever since they changed the platform my leads have dropped in a huge way. I also hate not being able to communicate with customers. Just thought I’d put this here to see if others are experiencing the same thing. Thumbtack used to be a great way to bring in new students and it is a drastic difference with this new platform.
Occupations (1)
States
22 responses
SharonM7
Level 6

Re: Missing Instant Match

Hmm...I never signed up for Instant Match. It never appealed to me for some reason. As for the new format, I was reticent at first, now I like it. Letting the customer come to me is so much better. Honestly it's better when they feel like they reached out to me first -- it is less sales-y. I will concede that perhaps it depends on your field. But I can't be sure. My field is extremely competitive--ridiculously so, and full of people who just dabble in the field. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@SharonM7 I'm happy to hear that you're liking the new system. Keep up the great work! 

0 Kudos
Nicky
Level 5

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I can totally see why Instand Match seemed like it was more "salesy", but for me it allowed me to be proactive and connect with customers. I was seeing incredible results when Instant match was arround. But I am glad that this new system is working for you at least :-)

All the best,

Nicky

Moderator Meckell

Hi there @Nicky, thanks for starting this conversation! Because of the changes we've made to our site, we've evolved Instant Match into Promote. When you promote your business, you set preferences to get in front of more of the right customers. Because you’ve told us these are the jobs you always want, we’ll give you a rank boost so the right customers are more likely to find you in search results. It fits perfectly with our new system and a lot of pros are finding success with it. I want you to find that same success! One thing I want to emphasize is that you still can communicate with customers. Once a customer reaches out to you, you can send them messages and build a relationship with them. You can also quote on leads that are in the Jobs Tab and connect with customers that way. 

What do you miss about Instant Match that you feel you aren't getting with Promote? I want to help the best way that I can and work together to help you succeed. 

0 Kudos
Nicky
Level 5

Hi @Meckell,

Thanks for your reply. While I understand that I can communicate with clients I can only do so when they reach out to me. The good thing about Instant Match is that I was able to commnicate with customers who hadn't nevessarily decided to use my services. I could follow up with them, I could be pro active, and I actually found that I would land a lot of jobs because I reached out to them and started a conversation. That has totally been eliminated.

In terms of reaching out to customers in the jobs tabs, every job that shows up in there shows that the customer has already reached out to a pro already (and sometimes multiple pros). This is totally different from before because I was able to reach out to all of the customers that had received quotes and and who hadn't communicated with a pro yet.

I understand the new platform, but for me I am just not seeing the same results. With Instand Match I would get multiple leads a week, I can just go back in my history and see it. Now, I have had one lead in the past month and it didn't even pan out because my location wasn't right for her eventhough she put my location in her settings.

I am just really disappointed with this new system. There are zero ways for me to be proactive and I am basically waiting for leads that I am just not getting.

Sincerely,

Nicky

Moderator Meckell

@Nicky I understand where you're coming from and I want to help you in any way that I can. You're a top pro, have amazing reviews, and an awesome profile! I want Thumbtack to be a useful tool for your business. I'm going to take some time, go through your profile and see what tips I can give you to get more leads. Keep an eye out for a private message from me within the next couple of days. 

0 Kudos

@Nicky I’m having the EXACT same problem. The first week I started was great. About a month ago I was receiving several leads a week and gained two new clients. I paused my “Promote” button for a few days and now that I turned my “Promote” setting back on, I am getting 0 leads. Also, the leads I do get never follow up with me, of course I get charged for it. The jobs listed on the ‘Jobs’ tab are from other states, wayyy outside my targeted area. The ones actually from my area don’t reply to quotes and my profile views have gone down...drastically. I’m frustrated and thinking about just going back to regular tutoring at a center where they’ll probably take advantage of me and make money hand over fist while I struggle paycheck to paycheck. My whole point of using this app was to find clients on my own to supplement my full time teaching job. More importantly, I did it so that I could get paid what I deserve and not what some out of touch corporation says I deserve. I’ve seen other websites like Tutors.com and I’m scared to try those, especially if my experience is anything like this one has been. I want to stick with TT. My dad referred me and he’s used you guys for years. I’m just not sure this is a good move for me.
Nicky
Level 5

@LalahKhadija15I'm sorry you're having the exact same problem, but it's good to know I am not alone. I hope Thumbtack seriusly considers this issue because clearly a lot of us pros are not happy.

I totally agree with you. I’ve been a top pro for years and now am receiving very few leads. I have no control. I relied heavily on thumb but will now be going elsewhere for leads. Very disappointed.