results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Trule
Level 1

Moving my business

I have a personal training business. I plan to move from Frisco, TX to San Diego, CA. Any advice or guidance for a pro moving their business?

Occupations (1)
States
1 responses
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Re: Moving my business

Hi!

You can change your business location pretty easily in your Thumbtack profile, by simply changing your address and travel settings. The nice thing about Thumbtack, is that the leads come right to you, even if you're new to the area - such a great way to get solid leads no matter where you go.

As far as moving a business goes - I have moved from Utah to Oregon and back to Utah... I hit social media really hard before moving and I also reached out to different possible business referrals to try and build my network ahead of time. In my case (I'm a wedding cake baker) I reached out to different venues, a school that offered baking classes, and a couple of wedding photographers in the area - and we ended up referring a lot of business back and forth.

You could reach out to health food/supplement stores, maybe some smaller gyms that might not have in house trainers (I know my local rec center let's outside trainers in), even to wedding planners who might have brides/grooms ask them about personal trainers to help them get in shape for their big day? I'm just brainstorming here - you can surely come up with better ideas than this cake maker (maybe I should hire you to help with the extra cake-making calorie intake??!)

Best of luck with everything!!!