Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

My Category Needs to be Changed

I've sent this suggestion before and nothing has happened. I'd like to submit it again. 

My Category has always been Quilting. It's bad enough that I don't think whoever set up the subcategories in Quilting were set up by a non-quilter but now, you've got the Category set up as Quilting & Crochet. Whoever thought that up must have been smoking some real good stuff because those two things have nothing to do with each other. PLEASE, split those up! Don't waste my time with having to even read the crochet requests for quotes.

And this "What US state(s) is this discussion about?" This doesn't apply to me, and I'm guessing quite a few others on here, either. I wish this wasn't all about choosing a LOCAL pro when many of us can work remotely.

Thanks.

Occupations (1)
States
6 responses
Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Re: My Category Needs to be Changed

Hey @QuilterinIowa, to help customers find the right pros, "Quilting and Crochet" will come up as the first option. However, while they're under the same initial umbrella, the very first question in the request form is then "What service are you seeking?" and the customer selects either Quilting or Crochet.

On the pros end, you also get to specifically decide whether you want Quilting or Crochet requests. Looks like you still had Crochet turned on as an option and this is why you were receiving requests. I have this turned off for you now, just give any crochet requests a day to fully stop. For future reference you can view and edit your job preferences by going to your services page, click the service you want to edit, and then select Job Preferences. 

Thanks but you keep changing this on me. I've been to my Services page and changed the options several times before.

Thanks.

bigunk
Level 4

Somehow, I'm thought of as a resume writer. I actually work on Business phone systems and communications networks. How I got into resume writing is beyong me. So how do I stop writing resumes and get on with what I really do?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@bigunk I'm sorry but, business phone systems and communications networks isn't a category that we currently offer. Is there anything else that you'd like to be set up for as a pro?

0 Kudos
bigunk
Level 4

I have a friend that does computers and networks, so I'm not that far off. More to the point, how is it that I'm supposed to make a change? There seems to be no easily accessible method. Who decided I write resumes? Not me, that's for darned sure.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@bigunk thanks for clarifying. There is a Network Support Services option. There are a few prompts that you'll need to go through when you log in, then follow the steps listed on this page to add a service HERE. When on your Services page, you'll be able to click on "add a service" and browse for any other applicable categories to you and add those as well. To remove the resume writing you'll want to be on your Services page and then click on that service, then at the bottom of the page click on "deactivate service".

0 Kudos