results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted

NEW PRODUCT UPDATE!

Has anyone heard about this?
I just found out from someone who has been contacted by this new service.
Why have we not been told about this last May when it started?
I mean, we deserve to be "in the loop".
Thumbtack informing us of a new product test drive in no way intereferes with how we "focus on the customer and get the job done".

I called the support team and was emailed this message promptly:

Hi Valued Pro who has spent lots of $ with us for 5 years,

Let me provide you some insights about the phone leads.

Starting 5/8, we’re inviting up to 200 highly-ranked pros to sign up to receive phone leads. These leads come from customers who find the pro’s contact information and call the pro directly (instead of going through the search results / request form flow).

Pros will potentially be notified about phone leads over time through a variety of channels (email, Intercom, cold calls, in-product banners, etc.). This is still in progress but we definitely look forward on getting this option for all of our customers. 

You may know more about the insights about the phone leads via this link: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/phone-leads-from-customers

If you still have questions, visit our Help Center.

Regards,
The Thumbtack Support Team

Yes.... I changed my name at the greeting header.

0 Kudos
12 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: NEW PRODUCT UPDATE!

@ChefOfAllSeason 

You're correct that it happened in May, but as usual, I received no emails pertaining to this, along with other updates, information, etc.

https://help.thumbtack.com/article/phone-leads-from-customers?fbclid=IwAR0dkyzs0vRuXZdsYU3R2pvIf1sfU...

DJ Stevie 8-7-2019

0 Kudos

DJ- They are test driving it with 200 Top Pros for now
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@ChefOfAllSeason 

Thanks!

Wonder what Top Pros are they targeting ( seniority, most money spent, most Top Pros status, etc). Are many categories represented in this test? Yet, the link that I posted in this thread is on TT site, so is this change coming to everyone? If so, perhaps Thumbtack can tell us when?

DJ Stevie 8-7-2019

0 Kudos

@DJStevie You know as much as me. Thumbtack's vast and robust feedback network will no doubt inform us with great alacrity. We are all working in partnership and Thumbtack has told us repeatedly of their desire to more transparent. Sometimes it's easy to see right through it.

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

What?! Well I’d like to know if this is happening in Los Angeles. Might explain why leads dropped off. But I don’t feel this is something that would be helping pros secure business and stop the triple cost to be on this site. These types off “test” are not helping us pros. Here’s what worked .... when we responded only to leads we felt were the right fit. We paid a reasonable fee to respond only to leads we want. What worked was what this platform did before instant match and before promote and when you ran commercials on tv (that didn’t focus on home improvement only). My stats over the last five years prove what worked and what is now not working now. Having 42 leads in a row and only booking 2 compared to the great success I had in 2016-2018 is astonishing. Disappointing to hear this when the suggestions on this site, over and over, still have not been addressed.
Moderator Meckell

@ChefOfAllSeason @DJStevie We’re testing out a new type of lead where customers only contact pros by phone. Right now, we’re working with a small group of pros. As we learn how to expand, more pros can participate. It’s good to hear you’re interested in this, it means we’re on the right track and it’s something valuable we can add to your business.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

This isn't directed at you personally, as you are not the one who created this test.

I didn't say that I was interested.

I had asked what Top Pros are in this test  ( seniority, most money spent, most Top Pros status, etc), and are many categories represented in this test?

Now, my next question, if we aren't provided "customers" phone numbers and emails because they don't want to be inundated with calls, what makes Thumbtack think that Pros want to be inundated with phone calls when we are busy with work, family, driving, school, in my case I can be DJing a wedding, party, etc..How can I possibly answer phone calls? And if I don't answer, is it the same things as not replying to a Promote/Target request on time which then drops my ranking?

Then the flip side, if "customers" call us, we are then provided their phone numbers, true? So if that is true, then why couldn't "customers" phone numbers be provided to us all this time? Why go through this possible change, when a simple fix is to provide Pros the "customers" contact information as other platforms do??

DJ Stevie 8-8-2019 Updated 8-9-2019

Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie there's a variety of criteria that goes into which Top Pros are involved in this. Those Top Pros need to have a current background check and meet other category and location-specific criteria.

We appreciate your feedback on this!

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

So we have to complete yet another background check? Didn't we do this about 6 months or so ago? What other category & location specific criteria is TT speaking about here? Please be more specific.

Hankster 8/9/19