results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
FrancoAR
Level 4

New category

Can you open new categories?: Loan Officer services & Mortgage loans????????

Occupations (2)
States
0 Kudos
13 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: New category

Hi there @FrancoAR, thanks for reaching out. If there's a category that we don't currently offer, but is wanted, we definitely want to hear about it. Although I can't promise if and when these categories will be added, I'll be sure to send in your feedback to our Product Team to consider!

SteelPort
Level 5

Client Expectations vs Job Costs

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 8.51.28 AM.png

I don't even know where to start with this or even attempt to address that this person's expectations and budget is completely off base.  I don't mind working with people with a budget of under $500.00, however, there has to be something TT can put into the request process when it comes to cost per time or service time.  12 hours of production work + time to organize media, import & transcode, Edit & Color Grade in Post, and final render.  Easlily 48-72 hours worth of work, possibly more for others.

It seems as though that clients searching for pro's are being led under false pretenses that since "under $500" is an option, that is what they will pay for a 12 hour Wedding Videography job.  We're talking about $2000-$5000 dollars worth of work in the Wedding Industry for this particular request.

It's seems to be spreading like wildfire.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Lane
Level 4

Who set up these categories?

I'm a commercial photographer. What doe that have to do with weddings? Nothing! Yet commercial photography and weddings are lumped together. I've gotten rather tired of receiving 500 requests to shoot an extremely underpriced wedding when it's exactly NOT what I am looking for. And with the new lack of any budgets in the photography requests, it's pretty much a given that without some change, 

0 Kudos

Re: Who set up these categories?

Yep Wedding at least used to be separated from other events . I do corporate and private events and while I also do the occasional wedding never seek them on here because I how people talk to a lot of photographers before they decide and especially now with new high prices it is not worth the Gamble to bid on them at all.
0 Kudos
AishaW
Level 1

Services

Hi, I can't find my service. I'm a Leadership Coach, Trainer & Speaker and it won't let me enter that, I have to choose one of the available services such as life coach or personal trainer. Is there a solution to this?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Services

Hi there @AishaW. As of right now, we don't have those categories listed on our site. I'll be sure to submit your feedback to our Product Team! 

0 Kudos
Manyhats
Level 1

New categories

How do I get a category added. There is a huge demand for Marine services in the Atlanta Georgia Market.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: New categories

@Manyhats I can't promise if and when a certain category will be added, but I'll be sure to send your feedback to our Product Team. If you have any suggestions for us in the future, we'd love to hear them. Send any thoughts you have here at any time. 

0 Kudos
tswilson
Level 4

Confused about service categories

I offer automobile detailing. I see no such category available to me but I see other detailers in other Thumbtack areas. What category do I need to select?

0 Kudos