Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 23817: Model of when you get charged
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
Bradr32
Level 1

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

This “new” thumbtack is horrible. Like everyone else is saying, we used to get so many leads. I’ve gotten 3 requests in two months. Some days we used to get 3 before noon! The old thumbtack was so much better, more people were requesting services and thumbtack was thriving. Now I am seriously considering home advisor, which is scary to think about. We offer around 8 services on thumbtack and to get 3 leads in two months, that’s pretty bad. THUMBTACK, PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD WAYS! You’re losing pros!
CMF
Level 5

I use to relay on thumbtack for almost all my business I was able to quit my part time job and commit to my business full time. Now I just hope thumbtack changes its model back to the way it was before I literally go out of business. If there are any other websites like thumbtack please let me know thank you.
Ltstepp
Level 2

I’m a big fan of how some of the pricing is more fairly priced now, however this new system of costumers contacting us is not great
0 Kudos
RevChief
Level 1

The old system worked well. Could respond when I was available.

0 Kudos
bmccray02
Level 4

These new changes are not improvements. I'm being charged everyday. New sites have now pooped up like honeguide and they are using you old system which is better. Listen to us pros we help help thumbtack grow
2nice
Level 4

I also prefer the old way. I like choosing who I want to do business with or who I want to give a quote too. It is too costly the new way.
0 Kudos
longport25
Level 5

LIKED YOUR OLD SYSTEM  WHEN THE LEADS WERE ( $16.95))?????    AL LITTLE PRICE

FOR LEAD

Highlighted
CCoen
Level 6

I don't care too much about your ranking system. I like the old system where a fast response got me a job instead of having to pay for somebody to ask me how much and never hearing back from them. In my line of work I'm a plumber and nobody wants to wait till next Tuesday like they can for a painter or a alright guitar lesson. I am always on the top level professionals that show up on the website yet I'm getting less than half the responses I got in the past. So I don't think you should rank us I just think you should get us a chance to get in front of the customer and sell our product thank you.

Not seeing jobs any more

After the recent Thumbtack update, for about a month now am not seeing any jobs. I read on a discussion that the recent update makes it easier for clients to choose pros and contact them directly, but my problem started after I started getting and being charged for false leads and leads that were not within my category of services. After this, I paused the promotion feature, and that was it for me, no more job leads.
What happened? Why can’t I see job leads anymore? It can’t be that for over a month no one has had a need for services within th ‘AV Equipment Rentals for Events’ category.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Not seeing jobs any more

@AcademySounds I looked into your account and I'm seeing that you indeed still have promote turned on. I am also noticing that it is a little slower for you right now. Is this common with the holiday season?

0 Kudos