results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
DJStevie
Level 11

No DJ leads in Jobs tab

All week, I haven't received any DJ jobs via Jobs tab for some reason. True, most of those leads that came through the Jobs tab were 150+ miles away, and I wasn't going to bid on them anyway,  but there were a few of local interest to me. Now nothing?

So my questions,

1) Are leads via Jobs tab going to stop?

2) Are leads 150+ miles away via Jobs tab going to stop as well?

3) Or am I missing something altogether?

20 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: No DJ leads in Jobs tab

@DJStevie I see that you sent a quote through the Jobs tab for a DJ job on Monday. It may just be a slower week for DJ services, but please keep an eye on it and let us know if this still continues into next week. I am seeing that you're still seeing a number of jobs in the Jobs tab for Music Entertainment and MC Host Services. So no, these jobs aren't stopping and as Marco mentioned in his recent Q&A herethat because of feedback from pros like you, in the next few weeks, we’re adding the capability to sort the opportunities you see in the Jobs tab by distance.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@Meckell 

Yes, I did send 1 request the other day via Jobs tab, but every day I was receiving the leads..That's why I posted this.

But I find it difficult for this week to be slower than other weeks for DJs. Every week is busy for us, as there is always a party, wedding, graduation, birthday, etc and there is a need for a DJ.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@DJStevie I have seen a definite and progressive drop off in consumer interest in my space  - and my world is not very seasonal - except around Christmas where many wait till after the holidays to break the news that they want a divorce. Actually - Spring can be a busy season when during spring - love is in the air - though not always with one's spouse - (and you think I am kidding).   My Jobs tab leads have been very slow as well... 

I think for many of use we are seeing the drop off - but strange, I am not seeing the same behavior on my other lead services.. it is as active as ever there.

DJStevie
Level 11

@MR
It is strange for the drop off in leads. I find it odd that Jobs tab leads have dropped as well, an awesome possible change coming?
Seriously though, being a regular DJ for Tim Tebow Foundation, Trustbridge Hospice Foundation, and other organizations(all stated in my profile, pics, videos), I find it very odd that profile views have dropped, along with Jobs tab leads, and NOTHING in inbox too.
0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@DJStevie There is no denying it - people are losing interest in TT.

I can only speak for my area, but when you do a google search, TT appears in the top 3 or 4 non-ad search results on the first page. In most cases, the other 2 or 3 hits are my other lead sources. 

TT volumes are down, lead volumes on the other 2 or 3 are up.

People are choosing to look elsewhere than TT when searching for my type of work in Google. There is no doubt.

Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

@Meckell "that because of feedback from pros like you, in the next few weeks, we’re adding the capability to sort the opportunities you see in the Jobs tab by distance."

This was always there, until thumbtack took it away! You make it sound like thumbtack is coming up with something new, but, really all they are doing is returning a feature that so many pros complained about having been taken away. I was one of them. As a pet sitter, do you really think I am going to respond to a lead 150+ miles away????? No, I have a 5 mile limit!

DJStevie
Level 11

@Meckell 

"that because of feedback from pros like you, in the next few weeks, we’re adding the capability to sort the opportunities you see in the Jobs tab by distance."

SORT BY DISTANCE??? This change brought about by feedback of Pros such as myself? I NEVER wanted leads in the Jobs Tab that are 150+ miles away!!! Please show me where I've requested that! Also, please do not add me to a comment "feedback from Pros like you" if I didn't give that input and/or request. Prior to this 150+ lead notices, I was receiving many local jobs in the Jobs tab, knowing that at least 1 Pro responded or a customer reached out to,  and it gave me a chance to win the job, and I was getting bookings!! So  why change the Jobs tab when it wasn't broken?????

But, I'm not receiving local DJ jobs in the Jobs Tab!!!! This is what I was referring to. Why give me an answer about having capability of sorting Jobs by distance??? DJ jobs aren't coming in the Jobs Tab. Why is that? Please do not say that it's a slow season for my business, because there is always a celebration that someone needs a DJ. Maybe another change is coming? Or Perhaps more customers are using other platforms(which I notice on platforms that I belong to) and Thumbtack refuses to acknowledge that the changes are affecting customers as well as the Pros?

So, is this sorting distance one of the awesome things that @JasonB mentioned the other day? Because if it is, it isn't awesome at all. It's just editing the jobs that we don't want, and we bypass them now as it is.

Please bring back the system that we were able to see the jobs ahead of time before bidding. That was very successful for majority of the Pros.

MR
Level 10

@DJStevie
Your post just highlights how far apart TT is from their customer. Only TT can narrow that gap but I feel that too much damage has occurred for that to happen. My faith in positive change has been lost and I am sure that is the case for many others.
DJStevie
Level 11

@MR 

You're right! Too much damage has occurred for the gap to be narrowed. And we're told to have faith.? The more we look into our current statistics, more Pros commenting in this forum, hearing that awesome changes are coming, feedback being passed on, etc..the less faith we have.

Not to make this comment a religious one, but having faith and believing, is what today, Easter, is truly about.