results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
drellieedits
Level 6

Not getting text notifications of new jobs

I am not getting any notifications of new jobs. As a Top Pro, this is totally unacceptable. Plus editing is now lumped into writing and editing. These are two totally separate and diverse jobs. When a request comes in, there is no way to know the exact amount of words the potential job is. This is extremely important because many editors price by the number of words compared to writing which is per hour. On top of that, editors need to know what writing style the student must follow.
All these things are making it impossible to get work. I have been able to make enough money to pay my rent. However, this has changed. I have spoken with customer service without any resolution. I fear my Top Pro status may also be in jeopardy. I need someone with the ability to make necessary changes to listen to me and please call.
Even the choice of occupation listed below does not represent my occupation.
Anyone else having the same issues?
Occupations (1)
States
10 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Not getting text notifications of new jobs

Hi @drellieedits I understand your frustration and I'm going to look into your account to see what's going on, I'll send you a private message once I have more info. 

I've heard other pros give their feedback on word count and I'd love to hear yours. What range of options would you like to see customers have when filling out their request? Would you think asking them an exact word count would be better?  What other feedback do you have for us? 

0 Kudos
drellieedits
Level 6

Six months ago, a customer was asked exactly how many words AND just as important, what writing style they needed (eg. APA, Turbian, Chicago, or MLA).  These are all very different writing styles and I just specialize in APA.  Last year, I had more jobs than I could want and this year, very few jobs.  I am a TOP PRO for a reason and spent lots of money bidding on jobs.  Whatever you guys did to change the process is NOT WORKING!!

But equally concerning is why I'm not getting notification of new jobs!!

drellieedits
Level 6

Usually by this time of the year, requests for Editors are plentiful.  Currently, I think less people are using Thumbtack to find editors because you've lumped it in with writing.  This is not WRITING.  This is EDITING.   Editing has so many different sub-categories that it needs its own category.  The way it was set up last year worked.   As an editor, I need to know the following: 

What writing style: APA, Chicago, MLA, Turbian

How many words: EXACTLY so that I can give an accurate quote

What type of document: Dissertation, Thesis, etc.

Turn around time:

Estimated start date:

Operating system:  PC or Mac

These are all important and necessary pieces of information for a potential student needs to give an editor.  The way it's set up now, I feel like I'm bidding for jobs blind.  Plus, I AM STILL NOT RECEIVING TEXT NOTIFICATION OF NEW JOBS!!  I used to be the fastest response with a quote and now I'm the slowest.  PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY OF LISTING EDITING.   THIS IS NOT WORKING!  And yes I am extremely frustrated because I am not getting many jobs and need to support myself.  I WOULD LIKE A PHONE CALL FROM A HIGHER LEVEL INDIVIDUAL WHO CAN ACTUALLY FIX THIS.  I am a Top Pro.

0 Kudos
Johnjr
Level 6

I feel the same way since the new system was implemented I have not received one lead in my new leads column ever and I am a supposed top Pro in my field is handyman and Carpenter in southern California. I was using Thumbtack solely for all of my jobs for six months until they change a new system now I'm going broke I have got everything to my profile that they suggested my profile looks great I have a 21 of 23 reviews are 5 star and yesterday I had somebody try to look me up since we can't do it on our own computers and a moving company showed up before me and search results??? No offense to the movers but they're not handyman or Carpenters why would they show up in search results before me???! and then all I get from the reps are the generic answers and the links and the links and the links? I wish we could see what our rankings are and in what areas we need to approve to get higher on the list I feel Pros with less reviews are getting ranked higher in this new system for some reason but still that doesn't explain how movers show up before I do it's search results I'm starving here I don't know what else to do I've done everything they've asked I guess if you upset Thumbtack support they have the means to not give you jobs or something I don't know what's going on there but I was thriving before the new system anybody feeling the same way??
0 Kudos

I stopped receiving texts. I had missed a couple of jobs as a result. Then I passed on two jobs because they didn't match my qualifications or my listed work hours. That was almost two months ago, and I haven't seen any activity since even though I'm on instant match.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@solarpoweredsar if you're on Instant Match, we won't notify you until a customer responds. Sorry for any confusion!
As far as you not seeing a lot of activity, let's get that figured out. I looked into your account and based on your preferences, you can expect about five leads a month. Is there anything you can expand on to see more activity? Maybe go into the more high demand areas? Let me know what you think! 

0 Kudos
Mattd3399
Level 1

Not receiving requests or notifications.

I haven’t used Thumbtack in a while due to the fact that we have been so busy and I was getting frustrated with the leads and the prices. I thought I would come back and give it one last try. When I first logged in I had requests from as fast as 100 miles away which we only travel about 30 miles or so for jobs. I went back in and set up my profile again and adjusted my job and travel preferences. This has been several weeks ago and I have yet to receive a single request. I see that Thumbtack has added an autopay feature which I am assuming is why I am not getting any leads. My experience in the past with autopay at other lead companies has been unpleasant to say the least. I am reluctant to sign up for it but do not feel I should be punished or discriminated against when it comes to receiving leads for this cause. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if maybe aowmthing is not right in my account settings.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Not receiving requests or notifications.

Thanks for reaching out @Mattd3399 I took some time to look into your account. First is, based on your preferences it looks like you should be expecting less than 5 jobs a month in all of your categories. I'd recommend going in and expanding on whatever you can.

Another thing that will help you see more requests is by expanding on your profile a little bit more. Adding your license, social media and getting more reviews are a few things that stuck out to me in particular.

I also want to clarify that it has nothing to do with your payment settings. If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a private message. I'm more than happy to help!

0 Kudos

Hi - Althought I'm getting notifications of jobs, I do have the same problem with my category. TT has now lumped quilting and crocheting together, and those two are as diverse as writing and editing, which I've also done. I completely understand your frustration. 

I, too, have asked to clarify the quilting category so I know what I'm bidding on - hand quilting, machine quilting, EPP, memory quilt, photo quilt, modern, traditional, t-shirt, size (nursery, throw, twin, double, queen, king) pillows, wall hanging, I have an idea of what I want... It's very frustrating to have no idea what I'm bidding on. I do realize that a lot of people don't know what kind of quilt they want from those subcategories but it's also very difficult to bid when you know you don't want to bid on just a couple pillows. I'm willing to work with TT to creat the subcategories but every time I've suggested that quilting and crocheting do not belong together, I get nowhere.

0 Kudos