Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
mnemosyne
Level 7

PROMOTE not working for my areas

Hi,

I have my PROMOTE turned on for my home city, but recently on a message in my inbox from a potential client IN THAT HOME CITY, I saw the message "YOU'RE NOT TARGETING JOBS LIKE THIS." 

In fact, this potential client fits all of my PREFERENCES. So how can I not be targeting jobs like this?

How do I fix this?

I suspect that Thumbtack has turned off PROMOTE in my home city without telling me, because I recently turned it on for some other cities - and I know that Thumbtack doesn't want the same pro promoting himself / herself in too many places. 

States
12 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: PROMOTE not working for my areas

@mnemosyne 

I'm glad that you posted this, thank you!!  This happened to me a few times when I kept Promoting and pausing it. Now I have it on pause again until major changes are made.

Funny how when Promoting, not many "leads" came in, but in Jobs Tab, jobs in my travel area were coming in. When I don't Promote, some local jobs have come in, but the lead cost is expensive, and with the new budget question for "customers" (<$300, $300-$400 typically for brief events), I pass on those alot as I will not lower my fees.

As for targeting, if we set preferences, I agree that we are targeting "customers".  The fix--the system needs a complete overhaul in my opinion. In my 8 months in the Community, we have given many suggestions, and get told daily that it takes time to review and possibly implement them.

DJ Stevie 7-11-2019

mnemosyne
Level 7

@DJStevie I see! That's the exact same thing that's happening to me! Promote is on, but local jobs are coming in through the jobs tab instead. It's so weird.

Is the system just completely technically broken?

Moderator Meckell

@mnemosyne even if you are promoting, local jobs will still show up in the Jobs tab. You'll see jobs show up in your Inbox if a customer chooses to reach out to you directly through search results. 

TomS
Level 5

I do not use promote at all. I'll do it the old way until I'm forced off the plarform.
0 Kudos
mnemosyne
Level 7

Why am I getting messages saying that I am not targeting local jobs??? That fit all of my preferences???

Moderator Meckell

@mnemosyne can you share a screenshot of the message you're getting? Once I get that, I'll be able to dig into this further and get you some answers. 

0 Kudos
mnemosyne
Level 7

Thumbtack screenshot.jpg

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@mnemosyne Can I get the first name of the customer on the request in which you got this message?

0 Kudos
mnemosyne
Level 7

Um, there are several. Can you let me know how to contact you privately please? I doubt these people would want their names bandied about in a public forum.

0 Kudos