Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
TomPotter
Level 4

Partial Matches

I have suddenly been getting a ton of partial matched leads.  Has anything changed that I need to address within my settings?  I have checked each job category I have open to receive leads for and they are all set at the right distance and the right kind of jobs.  Suddenly, I've been getting a flood of leads for jobs 2 hours away from me and in categories I don't want.  I opened my request page yesterday and had 58 partial matched jobs.

Any way to avoid these and just get quality leads for jobs I want in the areas I want to work in?  I have everything set the way that I want.

Occupations (1)
States
46 responses

Re: Partial Matches

I've been having the same problem.  Would love to know what the problem is.  I'm getting hundreds of requests daily...

Wow, at least you're getting hundreds of requests! Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Moderator Jordan

@TomPotter @RyansLawnServic Sounds like this has to do with Advanced Settings. It's located at the bottom of your services page. If anything is turned on there... take a closer look. If you were charged for anything outside your preferences because of Advanced Settings being on, just shoot me a private message with the names of the customers you were incorrectly charged for. I'll look into it as soon as I can!

I'm having this problem as well, and it's not a case of getting charged when I shouldn't.  It's a case of getting inundated with absolutely worthless leads that I have to wade through just in case.  I had 58 leads waiting this morning, and the majority were these "partial match" leads that are a waste of my time.

I looked at all my settings and made a few adjustments, but I'm not sure these would have been kept out of my feed by the changes I made. 

Shareen Mann
Freelance writer and editor with The Write Mann, LLC
TomPotter
Level 4

Thank you, Jordan! That's hopefully doing the trick. I havent gotten any more partial matches.
Charsie1
Level 5

Glitch!!!!

Am I the only on who is getting tons of requests from other states and hours away from me in my request box? Not getting notifications of them. They are just appearing in my request box.
Moderator Kameron

Re: Glitch!!!!

Hi @Charsie1, I've moved your conversation here since it's a similar topic. It's very likely that this is your advanced settings. Take a look at this page about what those are, and feel free to opt out of them with the steps listed. 
https://help.thumbtack.com/article/jobs-outside-your-preferences.

IanH
Level 4

Can this be done on the mobile app? I can't seem to find my settings there. I agree with everyone here. I'm having to wade through tons of leads for fear of missing a legit one (all on the mobile app)
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@IanH take a look in the app for your "services" page. From there scroll to the bottom and click on "Advanced Settings" from there you'll be able to turn off "suggest jobs related to my services"