Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
FotoGazebo
Level 5

Provide PROs VERIFIED Lead Contact Information

Thumbtack needs to provide PROs with the leads email address and phone numbers. Thumbtack needs to VERIFY the leads contact info by sending email and/or text message for lead to respond BEFORE proceeding. Other sites do this (bark.com). This will get rid of the deadbeat, bogus, tire-kickers. Currently, we are paying for "grab boxes" not knowing what, if anything, is inside!
Occupations (2)
States
17 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Provide PROs VERIFIED Lead Contact Information

@FotoGazebo Requiring customers to leave their contact information was something that we did try out and decided that it wasn't a good fit for Thumbtack. Customers reported being inundated with several texts, calls, and emails from multiple pros and it was just a bit much. Currently, a name is required and aside from that, customers have always been able to choose how much of their information that they'd like to share on the site and with the pro. Many times customers want to wait to share their information with a pro until they've initiated and had some conversation first and we want to allow them to do so at the point that they feel comfortable. 

0 Kudos
FotoGazebo
Level 5

Until then, we are not paying for leads. We are paying for advertising.
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron

Customers are just being rude by not replying to messages, and in the past, complaining about being inundated with Pros contacting them. All they have to do, whether past or now, is just reply by saying "I'll get back to you", "I haven't made a decision yet" or what I receive  now from generic replies "I've gone another route". Those that don't reply to messages now, leave the door open for many Pros to constantly message them.

The system worked great prior to the new system and I was very successful.! Unfortunately, now too many of the leads are auto responses from the customer that we are charged for what is called a lead yet there is never a conversation or reply to be able to do anything with . My response rate and timing is spot on with both but a generic message Is all I get for $60 dollars!. too many times I hear from my customers that they never are notified that I sent them a message. we get charged for basically a dead leads with no way to speak to the customer to set anything up. I am now looking for alternatives because the ROI is not worth it.

Perhaps, notify the customer once they select a contractor they are interested in and send them a message, their contact information will be shared so we can be of better service. Once they reach out to the contractors they already have checked out the profile information and have a good idea that they would like to go further with a process. That would cut down on a lot of the leaves that have no responses that we are charged for and no way to get in touch with a customer and it would prevent a customer from being inundated with a lot of phone calls from just any contractor looking for work.

They are getting inundated with calls and texts because too many contractors are bidding on the same customer. This is the new business model for Thumbtack the more contractors respond the more Thumbtack makes. I’m still using the service but gearing towards seo optimization and other marketing tactics but until then I need to keep working even if it means that I have to invest a bit more than I want to on “leads”
0 Kudos
traynorpiano
Level 6

I've asked Lessons.com and Thumbtack this before. "Why don't we get a phone number from the client?" I am repeatedly told that it is up to the client whether or not to give their phone number. As I know that most of your client questionnaire is checkboxes, I am curious if you even offer a checkbox that says, "Will provide phone number upon receipt of a quote"? 

mrs
Level 6

@Kameron wrote:

@FotoGazebo Requiring customers to leave their contact information was something that we did try out and decided that it wasn't a good fit for Thumbtack. Customers reported being inundated with several texts, calls, and emails from multiple pros and it was just a bit much. Currently, a name is required and aside from that, customers have always been able to choose how much of their information that they'd like to share on the site and with the pro. Many times customers want to wait to share their information with a pro until they've initiated and had some conversation first and we want to allow them to do so at the point that they feel comfortable. 

And we were willing to pay the "view price" for that quality of lead , we are not willing to pay 7-10X times more for a modicum of increased quality. 

Hankster
Level 10

I feel like this is a broken record that we all keep hearing over and over and over again ad nauseum from the moderators & support staff at TT. I'll say it again. Even when the lead contacts you using one of the starter questions they don't provide their information because they are not required to. I guess I can understand reluctantly them not wanting to provide their phone number & e-mail address when they first submit their request. But AFTER they have reviewed ALL of the service pros profiles & reviews they've made their decision on which pros THEY want to be contacted by, right? They then reach out by using that starter question, right? It should then be MANDATORY at that juncture to have the lead provide their e-mail address AND phone number. They've narrowed down their choices, right? So it shouldn't be a bit much for them to recieve phone calls and/or e-mails. They are looking for a service pro to provide service for them, right? Why play these stupid cat & mouse games! Enough already! Paying an outrageous price for a leads name & no other information on how to get a hold of them borders on fraud! I've said this statement before in many different posts in these forums and I'll say it again for the umteenth time. TT CAN do this! Other lead companies already are! TT just WON'T!