Highlighted

Re: Provide PROs VERIFIED Lead Contact Information

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Hankster 

I totally agree with you. And yes, It is becoming a broken record. You, me and many other Pros have voiced our concerns and suggestions over and over in countless threads. I truly don't know if anyone is really hearing us, or better yet really care about the Pros. You think after hearing this broken record for months now, that something would be done to improve this system. We shall see if the latest Thumbtack thread(MichelleT) of wanting our input and suggestions to improve the system is actually going to happen. Time will tell.

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Absolutely agree!!!

I find it very hard to believe that there are too many pros contacting the customers! On the contrary, most customers continually complain about not having a single contractor contacting them!! 

The customer contacts the specific Pro after reading their profile. Then they provide information to be contacted.

We then receive an e-mail that says: "_________ wants to know when you’re available" or  "___________wants an estimate from you". Typically, we need more information to be able to give our customers a proper estimate, so we need more information to contact them and discuss the details.. therefore, we then pay for the lead, because we "know" that it is a customer who has looked at our profile and has made the decision to at least give us the opportunity to bid the job.

We respond to the e-mail from TT/ supposed customer, and then we do not receive any response!

If I pay for the lead, why would I not be entitled to receiving their contact info? I have never heard of any of my customers in my 30+ years of doing business, say that they receive too many calls from a contractor who would like to give them a price for their project! 

Especially a verified company!!!

Total scam!

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

Fencemaster3 I am in total agreement with you. Everything to the tee. I'm constantly paying for leads like the one you mentioned where I get no response back. I complain about everyone. They are more than happy to give me a refund but it's in Thumbtack credit not my cash back. They still got my money either way.

Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Handyman805 it can be tough when customers don't get back to you. I always remind pros to respond quickly and follow up in another message if you don't hear back a day or two later. I also want to be clear that our Terms of Use state that all sales are final, that any positive balance is non-refundable, and will remain to be used towards future contacts. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
On a more positive note, I have received some profitable leads and gained new regular customers because of Thumbtack. I just needed to clear that up. I went off out of frustrations of all the ghost calls. Let's try and figure a better way.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
When a Thumbtack customer leaves there number voluntarily you guys still block it out. So I dont think what your saying is entirely true. If a customer wants something done they expect to have pros call or text until there project is complete. Abundance of call or not. It comes with the territory. Listing a phone # for a customer that needs a pro doesn't allow Thumbtack to use a lead after it's been completed already.
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Bark.com works the way Thumbtack USED TO and it is working perfectly! I get email and phone numbers when I pay to bid. Only 5 vendors can quote. Anyone NOT WILLING to provide at least an email are only "tire kickers" and not actually commited to hire. That is the keyword "COMMITTED". TT should ask people if they are committing to hire then they MUST provide email and/or phone number. If TT was smart they could charge vendors more money to bid on "COMMITTED" inquiries. Frankly, I'm investing more and quoting more and actually SPEAKING more to customers using Bark rather than Thumbtack. Sorry TT... I was a loyal vendor prior to Thumbtack even offering a Photo Booth category but not for long unless things change in favor of the people who actually pay TT's bills for them... the VENDORS.
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@FotoGazebo 

I feel the same way. Bark, Eventective and other sites that I've signed up do provide at least an email(some sites provide both number and email). Sad thing is Thumbtack feels that "tire kickers" are interested customers, so we get charged for those starter replies. Those sites I mentioned and I'm sure that you agree, we get notified of an interested customer, review the profile and cost, then get charged if we reply to those customers. That's what I've been trying to get across to Thumbtack for months now, but to no avail.