Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Wreach
Level 6

Receiving leads out of my state

I was just wondering, if TT is doing anything, to help curb job leads out of my area, before I could put a radius in, on how far I would travel to customer. I am a one person cleaning crew. And most of the money I make goes to Charity. My time is very valuable. And I am spending at least an hour a day deleting requests, from out of state, and email notifications I receive from these requests. Not to mention it is heart wrenching when someone chooses me. And I have to decline. Would customers, not receive a better fit, if the pros they are looking at. At least live in their state??
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
4 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Receiving leads out of my state

@Wreach 

In order to be shown and contacted by customers in specific areas, you'll want to make sure that your preferences are in place. Right now I'm seeing in your account that you are not promoting, therefore not being shown in the areas you'd choose. Here's a great help article about Travel Preferences.

In the Jobs tab pros will be shown secondary opportunities at up to 150 miles. These customers have already reached out to another pro directly through the search results, but you can express interest by sending your quote as well. On this page, we have added a filter for pros to use and narrow down the search by distance, which you can read more about HERE.

0 Kudos
Wreach
Level 6

Thanks Kameron! I hope it works!
QuiGonJohn
Level 4

I have been recieving leads from well outside of my area.  I checked my areas selected in the profile and they are what I want, in and around Spring Hill, FL. But I got one lead from Ocala and just now another from Orlando.  What is the point of us taking the time to set the locations we want, if people way outside our area are going to see them and ask for a quote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

@QuiGonJohn can you send me a private message with examples of customers reaching out to you from outside of your area? I'm happy to look into this for you! 

0 Kudos