Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
topic id 4155: Rates for Yoga Instructors in Los Angeles
Highlighted
dcbevents
Level 1

Requests

Hi! I'm getting notifications for leads from all over and I only want them for my area. HOW DO I FIX THIS. Thanks

Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
11 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Requests

@dcbevents, first you need to log in and finish creating your profile. Once that's done, check your travel preferences and advanced settings to make sure you're getting requests in your area. If you need any assistance with it, I'm more than happy to help! Just send me a private message Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
traynorpiano
Level 6

"Need more information before hiring"

Apparently, the client can tick a box called "Need more information before hiring".  Okay, I understand that.  Why can the pro not request more information before quoting?  Some requests come through that are absolutely ridiculous.  It would be foolhardy of me to send a quote without asking for more information, yet Thumbtack expects that I am just that stupid. 

Surely there is a way for a professional to ask for some clarification before deciding to send a quote?  I'm tempted to include in my quote, "Please do not contact me at all unless you intend to hire me.  Thumbtack charges every person to whom you reply"

0 Kudos
PhotobyLuigi
Level 5

Re: "Need more information before hiring"

I Like and back this idea.   When they recently removed the budget field information, it made it even worse .  We don't know if we are posting for a job that the customer is only willing to pay $50 ,  and the quote cost $14-$24....  as an example..   not acceptable...

Moderator Meckell

@PhotobyLuigi we received a lot of feedback about removing the budget question and I get that there was a lot of frustration. Good news though, we've been testing four new budget questions! Michelle, our Category Manager who leads all of our Events categories (photography, catering, et.) shared some insight on this, check it out here.

0 Kudos
PhotobyLuigi
Level 5

Meckell,  you will feel my frustration today with the last few comments I have posted.  Basically it all revolves around fake leads.

Please asking a stupid question or meaningless comment to never speak again or hear a word again.  This we consider intentional fake leads with a possible purpose of only being charged.  (with a few exceptions) this is the general feeling .  We are not complaining about a deal that we could not close, but the fake lead which writes one comment,  we get charged,  never hear another word again.  

I like and back another idea here where we could also ask additional information before posting for a job,  or a comment to the customer posting a job that pros get charged.  Any other ways to correct this or it will drive me and many pros away.  The last thing Thumbtack wants is a bad reputation of pros recommending other pros out ther NOT to join ....   In the last month and a half I have had a few fake leads and I cannot handle.  Remember that $24-$36  three or four times in a small period of times, can be heavy for us.  for me at least.

Thank you for anything done in this regards to help it or correct it . I like thumbtack and I would not want to give up on it. 

0 Kudos
PhotobyLuigi
Level 5

Contacting every possible Pro - we get charged. Are they for real ?

Does anybody feel there are people posting jobs around, and contacting many or every single pro just for the heck of it. ?  This has happened to me many times already and the charges are no joke now... 

I cannot handle this and may have to put my pros on hold until this is corrected.

Are they even real customers ? 

0 Kudos
traynorpiano
Level 6

Re: Contacting every possible Pro - we get charged. Are they for real ?

I've gotten several replies that say, "what is your availability?" Despite my repeated attempts to contact the client, there has never been a second contact. But I get charged. I think these are all fakes. I stopped quoting several weeks ago; I can't afford it.
0 Kudos
AdvOwner
Level 4

Not enough info in the Job postings

I feel there is not enough information in the job postings for me to bid on them. I repair Laser Printers, Copiers and plotters. I feel there should be mandatory fields the customer should fill out such as, Make, Model, Residential, Home and the exact problem they are having. I have bid on jobs in the past where they are small home inkjet printers which we don't work on. I feel I have wasted money bidding on the job.  Does anyone else feel this way?

0 Kudos
Nadja
Level 2

Unhappy with thumbtack

Here i was thinking Im the only one feeling screwed by the lack of transparency in pricing quotes. I havnt gotten hired thru thumbtack in months and have spent far too many hours and dollars sending tailored quotes that go no where. What a nightmare this is and I loved it when it was like 2 dollars a quote. The good old days. Another note, no matter how many times I alter the miles Im willing to drive, I continue to get emails about gigs in far off lands....
0 Kudos