Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
MR
Level 11

SMS Texting Functionality

@meckell @Kameron 

A while back I feel like it was mentioned that TT is looking at implementing a way that we can sms text our leads to continue the conversation. It would happen through the TT app on the pro side so we would not see their phone numbers, but nonetheless, it would take the conversation out of TT from the buyer's side.

Can you share anything more on this?

6 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: SMS Texting Functionality

@MR do you happen to recall where you may have heard or read this from for reference? It’s not one that I’m familiar with, but would certainly be willing to share the idea with development if you had any further clarifications to share about how you think it would work specifically.

As Marco mentioned in the recent QA, part of why we don’t charge per hire is that we then would have to limit all interactions between customers and pros to the site, which we actually don’t want to do because we realize that the convenience of a text message or phone call is necessary. We have no problems with conversations occurring outside of the site, in fact, it’s encouraged.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Kameron 

No, i am sorry - I don't know when I heard it - regardless, please do send it to development.

Now, I may not be the most popular by saying this, but I am not in the camp that believes that TT should be paid only when a lead hires a pro - that's really not what lead generation is all about. That said, as I have said befoe, I am all about the leads being priced appropriately, and that the pro has all of the tools needed to make contact with the lead, sell his/herself, and do all they can to win the deal. Also, I am all about eliminating things that go to dilution of lead quality- for example I had a promote lead today that reached out to 10 or so other pros... to me that dilutes the lead pretty bad such that either it should be limited to say, 3 pros, or the price should reduce quickly after the 3rd pro is contacted. The other issue for me is reducing the ghost lead issue... 

Moderator Kameron

@MR I'm certainly happy to pass it along, but would likely need a little bit more information. Are there any specifics that you'd be willing to share in regards to how you saw this working? At what point would you be able to text the customer via SMS? What prompts would the customer need to go through in order for them to agree to receiving pro messages through SMS?

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Kameron 

Sure... let's see if I can lay this out. 

First, the app or website would have to be enhanced to allow for a text screen/IM sort of function on the pro side.

When a lead creates their entry, they can select yes or no to the following question: Is it ok for the pros you select to text you to begin discussions about your needs?  If yes, they would have to input a cellphone number, but they would be advised that the pro will not see their number and that they are texting via the TT app.

For a pro to start a text conversation, they would hit a button that says "Text chat with lead"  and an IM type screen would appear... here the pro would type their messages. On the other side, the lead sees the messages just like any other text conversation they may have in whatever messages app they have installed on their phone.

Once the conversation is initiated, either side can text back and forth, only difference is pro will do his texting from inside the TT app. 

Does this help?

Moderator Kameron

@MR this definitely helps. I appreciate you taking the time to share your idea with me here in further detail.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Kameron 

Great.. happy to.

We should see this by the end of the week, right? Smiley Happy