Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Candi
Level 7

Re: Suggestions on the "Let's talk about your profile" board

I would like to see for the Travel Agent. The front page that shows us. The educate what a Travel agent does. To sure the clients that we are all bonded by TT or background checks. The site is https save to share information and answer questions. The point that should give a phone number to share there credit card information. 

Maybe something that like Why they should use a Travel agent? Before they click to get one. 

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Level 6

Requests Not Applicable

There are not enough classifcations to narrow down the amount of non-relevant requests I recieve!  I'm a musician, & perform as a solo, duo, trio, and in larger combinations. I am not a DJ, nor a "Costumed Character", yet get many requests for both those services!

When I go into the "Services" under Job Preferences, the ONLY option under "Entertainment" is "Project Duration", really???  So bands, DJs, dancers, puppetry, actors, & Costumed Characters are all lumped into the same category? Of course it seems DJs are given far more prominance than live musicians, on your site.

And under "Music Entertainment" it's  a little better, however under Types Of Music Performed, one category is "Strings". What exactly does that mean?  A string quartet, solo guitar player, or rock band?  It's much too vague. 

Under "Genres Performed", it would be helpful to include a category for "Background Music",  as there's a big difference in how we'd approach, and price a job, if we're the main focus of the crowd, or if they just want us in the background.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Requests Not Applicable

I'm happy you reached out @StevenCee. I looked through your profile and figured out what's going on. If you go to your services and then scroll down to the bottom, you'll see advanced settings. In your advanced settings, you'll see the option "Suggest jobs related to my services." I went ahead and turned that off for you so now you'll only receive requests that are in your preferences. 

As far as your suggestions, thank you!  I'll be sure to pass it along to the appropriate team. 

0 Kudos
Movers96
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Is there any way to require a phone number from the client? I’ve found, personally, that when I can connect with the client by phone I have a way better chance of getting a solid price out to them. There’s better communication! Some clients don’t ever even view the quote I send them, but if they had their phone number attached to the request, I could be proactive in reaching out to them.
BradBaldwin
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Unfortunately it is a rare sight to see a client's phone number on Thumbtack. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

0 Kudos
EvanKirstein
Level 1

ADHD Coaching is a thing and Coaching has Credentials

Hi Coaches and Thumbtack staff, 

There is a large population of our community that thumbtack is missing on both the credentialing level and the ADHD  population. 

Topic one: The International Federation of Coaching is the gold standard of coaching credentialing. We learn, we test, we pay... Can Thumbtack recognize that in its profile format? 

Topic two: I am the membership chair of the ADHD Coaches Organization and I represent both ADHD Coaches and ADHD Clients that need this resource. I would  like to propose ADHD Coaching as a different choice for our clients to best connect them with proffesionals in their area. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: ADHD Coaching is a thing and Coaching has Credentials

Hi @EvanKirstein thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I can't say that I'm familiar with your area of expertise and would love more insight on what you think would be beneficial for a category on Thumbtack. Can you send me a DM with your ideas and any other info you think would be beneficial for me to know? Once I get this, I can pass it along to the appropriate team. I look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blondebat
Level 5

Re: ADHD Coaching is a thing and Coaching has Credentials

I have suggested the same thing for certified veterinary technicians to no avail.
0 Kudos
RobTPhoto
Level 3

2 things - Separate Weddings requests from Corporate event requests

Hi There,

Two items I'd love to bring up....

1) 95% of my business is corporate, headshots, events, etc. Right now I have to wade through dozens of wedding requests because Thumbtack combines weddings under the same requests as Corporate events. I'd love to be able to cut out the weddings entirely and only get alerted to corporate events. 

2) Speaking of corporate events, I would love to be able to bid on jobs outside the NYC/Boston area. It would be great if I could choose any major city in the US in order to receive requests for work there.

Thank you!

Rob

Rob Tannenbaum Photography

www.RobTphoto.com

SilverDeed
Level 5

Re: 2 things - Separate Weddings requests from Corporate event requests

I've repeatedly requested the exact same thing! Thumbtack either doesn't know or doesn't care that weddings and corporate events are NOT the same AT ALL! Thumbtack is exhausting in so many ways unfortunately, I'm still looking for an alternative.