Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged

Re: 2 things - Separate Weddings requests from Corporate event requests

Yes this is an easy fix and I can't imagine why they aren't willing to do it. I do a little bit of everything in my photography business and while I am happy to do a few weddings a year I would never bid on them via Thumbtack ESPECIALLY with the new system as I know couples talk to a lot of photographers before they decide.  I do a lot of both Corporate and Private event photography and I remember there was a time when events were separate from wedding. Makes no sense to group them together. 

0 Kudos
Crooner
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about your profile

Re Karaoke, there should be 2 categories, one for rentalof equipment (as is) but another for Karaoke DJ or KJ as some prefer. In that way, I won't waste my time looking at rentals just because there might be a request where they also want an equipment operator or host.
0 Kudos

Hi there! As a professional speaker and coach, it is critical that when TT posts an automatic bid for me that the clients see either a template message (from me) or my profile linked to that quote. When dealing with someone booking a potential speaking event, it would make a huge difference to get their email information once we place a bid. That works so well on Gigmaster. Also, I have been seeing more and more coaching clients marking me as hired and then either completely disappearing or coming back and saying that actually they don't have the money to move forward. I believe that 99 Designs has a provision that states that the client agrees to move forward with the hire if the product and bid is marked as the winning bid. If there would be some way to incorporate something similar, that would at least convey to the viewer that we do get charged (significantly) when they reach out to us. I'm totally fine with paying the charge as long as there is a good faith potential that this will turn into a booking. I think that sometimes they think that they can avoid saying no directly by simply marking us as hired and then going incommunicado. I know that it's pretty difficult to make it fool proof but these two elements would really help to fine tune some important issues. Thanks a million, thumbtack! I know that you all are working hard to make this even more of a valuable site for all of us. Cheers, Meridith

sweetmusic
Level 5

The genres of music should be more flexible.  Right now, if the client wants strings, their only choice is country/bluegrass or classical.  I want them to be able to choose celtic, which is primarily the style I play, or Klezmer, which is an important style for Jewish weddings.

0 Kudos
CoryFerrier
Level 1

Would love an option to charge credit cards through Thumbtack. Maybe have the customer buy credits and then have the credits be payable towards projects.

An option to dispute invalid reviews would be great as well instead of just being able to make a reply.

Another great option would be to have a way to send actual detailed estimates and invoices through Thumbtack to make a financial inventory of jobs done through Thumbtack easier.
0 Kudos
Av8tress
Level 6

You're right about have a way to invoice & charge through Thumbtack. But I use FastDue because it's quick & easy. They have a FREE version & a paid version. The FREE version is quick and does the job on the fly. I can send an invoice or bill while I'm waiting for a Lyft/Uber/cab.

There's sooooooooooooo much going on now, people are leaving Thumbtack and going to Fiverr, Facebook and other alternatives because they can't afford Thumbtack anymore. Check out FastDue.com. You won't be sorry and it's always good to have an alternative in your back pocket.

0 Kudos

Hi i would like to see if it was possible the notifications were a bit better. I would like to see a notification for when a possible job is in my vicinity of my area. Ex: i live in Nashville, TN i would like to see notifications notify me about a job that is close to you is open so i can bid on it. I just happen to refresh the request screen and i see that a job in my city may be available.

Also i noticed with the Instant match quotes they just pop up in my Inbox. i wold like to see if they can notify that someone viewed those instant match quotes and not just the quotes i sent out. 

lastly i noticed in the Pro app that in my Ibox i cannot load past quotes/messages past like a day or two. I wonder if its possible to stretch that out to least a month??

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Hi @DossConsulting, great suggestions! As far as your inbox, you should be able to see all the quotes you've sent as well as all messaging between you and the customers. Everything is filtered by: sent quotes, archived, hired, starred and unread. Look through all those different filters and see if you're able to see your past quotes. If not, please let me know.

0 Kudos

I hate my quote message it sends out. It is inaccurate añd poor example of what my company offers for the price that I give. We used to be able to modify it and now we are not allowed to at least can we make it accurate. Especially if I'm paying for it
Dgarcia
Level 1

One thing I do not want to give up it's my date of birth and last 4 digits of my social security number. So what I have in my profile does not matter if you're still asking for this information..
0 Kudos