Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
rammys
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about your profile

allow us as professionals rate customers. most are good and honest, yet, few are trying to take advantage.
* either pay cheap.
* Try to get more labor/ parts then they described to begin with.
* pay w cc, which makes us pay commission and more.
Let's put things on the table as they are. unlike it used to be a decade ago, now a days. The customer is not always right.
0 Kudos
oc
Level 2

I am being asked to allow a background check before I can send quotes. I have a clean record however I am not comfortable sharing my SSN. I will not provide my ssn or submit to a check. If this is manditory then I will not need your servicves.

Thank you.

Teressa

0 Kudos

Herradrua Custom backdrop Build copy.jpg

As a event production company based in NYC we handle all aspects of event staffing (Waiters/Bartenders), Catering, Event planning/production, Experiential Marketing and more... We are a professional company with 10yrs experience and have found that many clients on Thumbtack are just looking for an individual who is gigging on the side. It is very rare that we find clients on Thumbtack who are looking for a REAL company one that is fully insured and licensed becasue they don't want to pay a real companies prices. The format of the thumbtack marketplace drives down prices at the risk of quality. We get a lot of people from thumbtack who say "My professional cancelled last minute are you still available?" 

That being said we have done well on Thumbtack and our reviews, photos, etc are a testament to this. There has to be a better way for clients who want to hire real companies vs individuals. It should be seperated. As TB grows it will become more powerful and the client should have the ability to choose an 'individual vs a company' sometimes you don't need a full company that is liscensed and insured sometimes you just need a college kid who is gigging on the side. These two things need to be seperate. Also

-There should be a "price differentiator on waitstaff and bartenders the way you have it for catering." sometimes you want a guy in a t-shirt to pick up plates and sometimes you want a waiter in a full suit. Depends on how nice your event is.

-I have found the majority of clients on TB just want the cheapest option. So there should be a "budget" choice so we don't end up bidding on this. Sometimes you just want the cheaper option. We are not that. (the pricing on catering is a good example of how you sort this. However you need higher prices on this that go up to $200 per person)

-When changing the profile video should be the most important aspect and then photos first, and then real reviews from real thumbtack people.

BnBbeClean
Level 4

Lets not... Lest talk about the ability to change the quote text. I'd like to be able to have a few templates and change them each time I quote LIke it used to be. There is no way to change it each time at the moment as you need to use the introduction text.. which is not always appropriate and not customizable.

0 Kudos
lbraddic
Level 2

My profile is not the problem. The problem is that age categories for requests for quotes for horseback riding lessons have been changed. We all need to know if the prospective student is under age 7. Please put that option back in the request for quote.
Bryn
Level 5

Same for violin lessons.  Student (0-17) is completely unhelpful.  It would also help me to know if the student is male or female, and if the parent's or student's name is on the request, so if I send a personal note I know who I am communicating with.

0 Kudos

I would like “Required” feedback from the customer as to why they did NOT choose me. Could be a simple button choice, a) Cost too High, b) Not enough reviews, c) Representation of work not what I wanted. d) The quote reply or conversation was awkward, slow, pushy Etc, etc.
Therefore that feedback is something the Pro can grow from.

Give an option to explain certain jobs and be able to give a price range for that specific work to be done. ie ($150-$225) depending on this or that. We have alot of potential customers on here that dont have a clue what the price range is and when they see the price they run. We have spent hundreds of dollars for leads just to try and explain the costs to the customer without getting the work. Its harder for a glass and mirror business to be able to quote over the phone theres too many variables. Would like to let the customer know when they respont to our messages we get charged automatically even if we dont get the job. For a glass and mirror shop to be able to give you an accurate estimate we need to set up an appointment to phisically see and measure everything. We look for how difficult it is to do the job and if it can be reached to be able to perform the work. We need to know if specialty tools or scaffolding or extention ladders will be needed. Safety first. Also different colors, shapes,thicknesses,and sizes will be different sizes. I could go further into detail but i will stop here.
Thank you
Marrymellc17
Level 6

Hi Carson, I I am excited to see that some changes are finally coming in the near future. I have made myself abundantly clear in our past conversations and appreciate your time in reviewing my concerns. If I am to read your information correctly, are we going to have the ability to individually quote on each job as we did before instead match? Or, as we did before you took away the ability for us to personally quote. ? When Thumbtack took that away from the real pros, that’s when things started to really implode for us who have been with you for a long time- for seven years, as myself. Will you still be presenting the profiles in the “instant match format” or will we have the ability to quote ourselves based on the customers request? and not be last to quote or after the instant match pros If we choose not to be part of them. What I would like to see included in my profile is a range of prices depending on time and travel Not just a “base price”. That tends to confuse the customer and when we have to increase the price for a reason such as time and travel, they get angry. You really have to understand our position about locking us into a base price. Perhaps if you change the “base price” to a “price range”, it would make us have the ability to give them an accurate quote when we were contacted and had more details without getting them. Angry that we’ve raised are price.
I would like to see included that different ceremony options could be offered to them depending on their preference-
The amount of hires and the amount of reviews is extremely important and, as a Thumbtack pro for seven years, a higher visibility for us who have worked so hard for our credentials would be great! I understand that everyone has to start somewhere but so did I!
The real top pros need to be given some form of priority visibility and that doesn’t seem to happen with your instant match.
The extremely high price of a contact is what is holding a lot of us back friend even bothering to join instant match or 2 o’clock. I have recently been charged $20.88 for someone clicking on “are you available for my date“. This is absurd as why would I quote if I wasn’t available for the date?. This is astronomical. It is even astronomical if the job is going to pay approximately $200. You’re getting charged almost $21 for a $200 fee even if we do not get the job. That’s really really high and I speak from experience having been on and continuing to be on other websites.
Perhaps a “this quote expires in 48 hours, 72 hours or one week” might prompt the customer to act more quickly to hire if they think the quote is just forever.
The current customer requests come through with a length of time which is not anywhere near what a wedding ceremony would be. The usual ceremony time is 30 minutes. Right now you are having the customer click on time ranges that go to six hours. That may be the length of the entire wedding but it is not the length of the ceremony. That is something that I always thought needed to be corrected.
Finally, it might be beneficial to us pros if you made the customer aware that while there is no cost to them to be contacted by many pros, there is a cost to us. As I said, $20.88 is astronomically high for a “not” serious customer. And as I told you in a prior email, some pros are adding the cost of the contact on to their base
price and quoted fees and passing it along to the customer if they get the job. I have heard this directly from other wedding pros here in South Florida who have worked through thumbtack for a very long time and who are devastated by the loss of work since you implemented these changes some months back.
Once again, if You are going to give us back the ability to personally and individually “each customer, that is great. If you are not, instead of a “base price”, could you change it to a price range? That might help us be able to open a dialogue with a customer when we find out what they are individual needs are instead of looking like we are quoted a price and then raising it. You are going to give us back the ability to personally and individually quote each customer, that is great. If you are not, instead of a “base price“, could you change it to a price range? That might help us be able to open a dialogue with the customer when we find out what their individual needs are instead of looking like we are quoting a price and now we are raising it. Perhaps you could ask a customer for a “budget” range ( as does Eventective) choices such as $100-$200. $200-$300. Or Flexible.
I don’t think that the loss of work thru Thumbtack that we are feeling has much to do with our profiles. Customers have always had the ability to read about us and see our pictures and reviews. I believe that the problem and the demise of the work that we are feeling comes from us real pros not having the ability to individually and personally quote on a job. I would love if you could return to the old ways and have us pay to quote every job individually and personally and if we get the job, yay for us! Thumbtack would get paid on every quote that was sent as they used to.
Looking forward to seeing changes that will once again make thumbtack work for us! Thanks, Connie

Connie...you nailed all my issues...Iam tired of bringing them up with tech support...thank you
0 Kudos