Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Kameron

Re: How is 5 -7 hour event considered brief?

@DJStevie I'll agree that 5-7 hours is certainly not a small or brief event. I've made sure to include in the feedback I shared that allowing both of these choices for customers is conflicting.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: How is 5 -7 hour event considered brief?

Thanks @Kameron
But how long before this passed on suggestion gets looked at and/or even implemented?
After all, nobody from the Product Team thought this change through

DJ Stevie 7-1-2019
0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Time To Get Rid Of The Budget Question

When the budget question was introduced back when the credits system was used at the time, I thought that question was an excellent addition to the request process for the Thumbtack customer. It was a great indicator for me to know which requests I will spend my credits on. Then on October 31, 2016 I along with other service pros received an e-mail informing us that the budget question was going to be removed because 'The biggest reason for this change is that we want you to set the job price - not the customer'. Here's why:

• You could earn more. Customers may be willing to pay a higher price than the budget they shared - they simply don't know how much this professional service typically costs. We've found when pros see a customer's budget, they often price within that budget and may miss out on earnings.
  • You'll evaluate the job more accurately. We've found that event duration, number of guests, and extras are better indicators of job value than a customer's budget. As we continue to improve request forms across categories to help pros like you estimate your price, you may see new information appear on requests.
  • You won't miss out on great jobs. We've noticed that some pros don't quote on jobs with low budgets. However, many of these jobs turn out to pay more once the customer is better educated about the typical cost of the service.

That all sounded like great reasoning except for the fact that Thumbtack never educated their customer about what to expect to pay for a service for whatever service they were looking for. 

The budget question was brought back again in the last I believe 6-9 months. Maybe a little longer than that. There was no official announcement that it was put back in play from what I can recall. 

Now we’re starting to see even lower budgets for the budget question with the recently added verbiage for two of the lower budgets listed ‘typically only for small/brief events’ (it did read ‘typically only for brief events’ up until this week). Once again Thumbtack does not let their customers know what is considered a small or brief event. I’m a DJ service pro. I’ve seen Thumbtack customers select the under $300 budget for an 8-hour event. That’s not even close to a brief event. The customer also has no clue what a DJ service charges because again there is no education provided by Thumbtack to their customers. I shouldn’t have to educate a Thumbtack customer. That’s your job Thumbtack!

When the customer fills out the budget question now, they are asked ‘How much are you open to spending. Please check all that apply’. This needs to change rapidly. Instead of Thumbtack asking the customer what they are open to spending why not tell them what they should expect to pay for a service. I know what I would be open to on spending for a brand new car or a new house. Doesn’t mean I would be able to buy either one unless I knew what to expect to pay.

Here’s my suggestion. This is what customer’s see on one of the lead web sites that are out there. For example, this is for a 3 ½ hour DJ event:

Based on similar requests, we gave the buyer the following price guide:

Most customers spent between: $550 - $800

Premium services may be more than: $950

However, we've made it clear that all jobs are different and that they will receive custom estimates from pros.

Why can’t Thumbtack educate their customer in the same fashion? This should have been done years ago! This can be a win, win, win situation for all parties involved. A win for the service pro because instead of the Thumbtack customer telling us the service pro what they are willing to pay for a service now they will know what they should expect to pay. The service pro will see a better quality lead hitting their Inbox or through Promote. A win for the Thumbtack customer because they have a better educated idea of what they should expect to pay. A win for Thumbtack because now you’ll have a happy Thumbtack service pro who by the way is also a Thumbtack customer & a happy Thumbtack customer because they now have the proper education on what to expect to pay & in turn will be matched up with a great service pro to handle their event.

I’ve stuck with Thumbtack through all of changes over the past 10 years. Most of which has benefitted the Thumbtack customer. C’mon appropriate Thumbtack teams & @MarcoZ  . Let's get it right for once! It’s time to swing the change pendulum towards the service pro. Get rid of the budget question! Preferably with the next scheduled monthly update. Yes, I know we have the opportunity now (only in the last few days or so actually) to uncheck the budget options that we no longer want to see. But that still doesn’t educate the Thumbtack customer on what they should expect to pay for a service. Work with your service pros please. Not against us.

Thank you,

Hankster 7/2/19

Highlighted
Moderator taylor

Re: Time To Get Rid Of The Budget Question

@Hankster Thanks for taking the time to reach out with your feedback. We value your thoughts and we'll be passing them on to our team. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Thank you @taylor I sure hope this does get to the team & that the changes will be implemented with one of the upcoming monthly updates. To me it's a no brainer. The customer should know what to expect to pay. Period. They shouldn't the drivers here & telling me the service pro what they want to pay or are willing to pay.

Hankster 7/3/19

DJStevie
Level 12

@Hankster 

Agreed!!! And I hope that this gets taken care of very soon.  If "customers" see our pricing, they know what to expect to pay. They shouldn't be in the driver's seat!

DJ Stevie 7-3-2019

Hankster
Level 10

Here's a perfect example of why the budget question needs to go away. I've posted my thoughts previosuly in the same post discussion. This customer's DJ event is for 5 hours. Notice the budget option selected. I'm not sure. If TT would educate their customers on what they should expect to pay for a service their customer would never have to answer I'm not sure. Will I take a chance on this & be charged $35.85 IF the leads responds to me? That would be a firm no from me! I'll pass. Why? Because I'M not sure if this lead is willing to pay what I would charge. C'mon TT. Start working with your service pros & educate your customers for God's sake! That's your customer & your job to educate them. It's not my job as a service pro to do that! Annotation 2019-07-09 074951.jpg