Highlighted

Not Being Utilized

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Ok, among a lot of pro complaints things have dried up since December. Is it possible the lead prices have changed and my budget of only $20 for a week isn't enough to cover a quote any more?

Surely SOMEONE must be planning vacations needing pet care.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Not Being Utilized

Community Expert
Best Answer

@catmaven I just checked your budgets to see that they both cover between an estimated 5-8 contacts each per week so you're still good to go there. Overall I'm seeing that your categories tend to see things slow down this time of year. Within the last 3 months, there have been 51 jobs and 55 pros in your travel radius.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@Kameron 

It's possible that customers are using other platforms more than Thumbtack for some reason? I ask because I see a request increase for my job on 2 other platforms than on here. Just a thought.

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@DJStevie I activated Promote again this week and really, didn't see much for it.  42 views for Saturday and Sunday- one contact, who was just kicking the tires.  This week, so far I've seen 92 views and only one contact, who contacted me, seemed interested and then changed his mind for whatever reason.  if I offer "on line" services, I'd probably get more contacts, but on line just means I'll get ripped off more often, so I'm not really inclined to do that.  

So far this year, I've spent about $98.00,  had 17 contacts with six hires.   So I'm spending $1.00 to make $4.00.  

Highlighted

Where are the Leads?

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I'm a Top Pro. I have done EVERYTHING support has requested and the leads have practically disappeared. I don't know if they have changed things but 3 weeks ago tomorrow I had a consultation with a Representative that I will not mention here. He suggested some minor changes that I agreed to allow him to make while we were on the phone. He scheduled a 2 week follow up and then FAILED to follow up 2 weeks later. I sent a response to a reminder email from him and CRICKETS! He stated that I was just the type of PRO they wanted TT to work for and assured me these changes would make a difference. I have had ZERO additional contacts since .  I'm sharing this now because I have yet to receive a response from the representative. TT should at least have the decency to do what you say you are going to do. Bottom line folks, this site is NOT the answer but MAYBE, MAYBE ONE of the tools you should CONSIDER to grow your business. I'm very fortunate because I don't have to rely on this line of business to provide for my family. It's just one of the hats I wear but I'm truly disappointed with the level of effort I have put forth and the lack of results. It was NEVER great but it was BETTER before they made the changes. I don't know what to think. This is just my honest opinion. I wish all my fellow ENTREPRENEURS great success!

Highlighted

Re: Where are the Leads?

Community Expert
Best Answer

@StringBender 

I hear ya! I'm not a Top Pro, but I've taken advice and suggestions from a Rep, and kept Promote on as a trial, but didn't get one lead! Put it on pause, and get several leads. I don't know the rep that you spoke with, but at least mine kept her promise to follow up and kept me posted when she couldn't and rescheduled the call.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer
IMHO, I believe TT is filtering the leads to pros who are Promoting.
How can you have 400 reviews in 4 weeks and only 8 leads?
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@StringBender As you've pointed out before the number of jobs created vs the number of pros in the area is currently at a low.  After doing some digging I was able to get more clarity on the situation that you spoke of. I can assure you that there some extenuating circumstances that prevented his scheduled follow-up. That team is comprised of some of the best and I feel that this particular circumstance is not the rule, but the exception. I've arranged for someone to reach out soon, I'm hopeful that they can bring a fresh perspective and some new ideas on how to help you continue being successful on Thumbtack. Thank you for bringing this our attention and helping us address some gaps in our communication in order to help us provide a more reliable consultative service going forward.

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

@Kameron Thanks for the follow up. I hope the Rep you mentioned is well. He seems very knowledgeable and professional. That is why I was surprised when I didn't receive the follow up or response to my inquiry. At this point I don't think much can be done. There are not enough leads coming in vs the number of providers competing for them. That is probably good for TT but not so much for the providers. I have Promote on but the past 2 weeks have been incredibly slow. 

0 Likes